Thread: Regarding wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding wheels

Hi gents

My shag currently has mercury 18 inch wheels the offset, et is 60 I believe, not sure what the width is maybe someone can shed some light on it..but they sit about an inch or an inch and a half in from the fenders

What I'm wanting to ask is my new wheels that I wish to buy maybe 20 or 19 depending what et shall I get so they sit flush to the top of the fender or just slightly in and don't rub on the inside... I have seen posts with guys who have had theirs lowered and still got 20s on them with 30 or 35 hight tyres...

How would something like this fair

20 inch et 35 or et 45, 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back

Also if I dont get what I want in 5x108 I will most likely get Mercedes 5x112 or BMW 5x120... And get 20 mm spacers but would prefer them redrilled so they don't protrude out too much because of the spacers... There's a redrill and insert rings in new holes idea or fill and drill... Depends I have contacted a company as to what would be the best option...

But for now what et and size would be good.. Wheel enthusiasts unleash... Go to go

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    18” are sufficient for a diesel lol.

How about STR alloys

3. Likes Stagnite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the larger the wheels the harder the ride. I have 18 inch wheels. The other problem is pot holes bit one and you maybe replacing the rim as well the tyre.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for the info guys... I think 20s will fit nicely but abit too big and will look off but 19s should be cool

I quite like these... They are 5x112 merc and got quoted 180 to have them drilled to 5x108 and the centre bored.

I think they should look nice

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall may well be heavier and if so will of course reduce performance and handling.

Don't forget that you must tell your insurers!

Post Thanks / Like

19" Barcelonas on STR. They do look good and didn't make the ride hard.
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny that - I was thinking of fitting 17" wheels to improve the ride, if I can get them to fit over 326mm disks
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/
    Wireless Phone Charger under Instrument Surround.
    Pictures of technical stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    That size sounds like or close to the ones fitted on diesels (and others for all I know) but I'm not sure if they came with / could come with 17" wheels.

There are brochures around on the net here and there which may say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 04str View Post
    That size sounds like or close to the ones fitted on diesels (and others for all I know) but I'm not sure if they came with / could come with 17" wheels.

There are brochures around on the net here and there which may say.
    Yes I think you are right, mine came with 17" standard.

merlin
    And Then-----As if by Magic!

2005 - S-Type 2.7d -Auto