Thread: 2015 XF problem

Post Thanks / Like

2015 XF problem

Hi Iíve just bought a 2015 XF Sportbrake Rsport black edition and love the car but am having some teething issues and hoping someone can help?

On start up I get a low battery warning saying the system will shut down in 3 minutes. Iíve check the battery and it ok and is charging.

Also my stop/start system does not work

The Auto adjust steering column doesnít move when getting in/out the car? I was told it should move out the way to give you more room getting in and out? It is set to auto.

And the interior light does come on when you turn the ignition off but it only stays on for 3 seconds and then goes off, the same for the boot lights.

Iím not sure if these are all linked to the same issue or all separate faults?

Hopefully someone can help????

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. These questions would be better asked of the members of the XF Forum: https://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Posting here is really for an introduction, e.g., model of car, location of new member, etc.

Perhaps one of our friendly Moderators can move the post to the correct section for a proper response...
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

Thread moved to XF x250 section, you’ll get a better response there.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

4. Thanks S-Type Owner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, on your steering column issue check that it is not set to the fully raised position on set up, if it is it will not move. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you have only just bought the car, it may have sat on a dealers forecourt only being used for short runs/test drives so the battery may not be at its best. The three minute warning is to safeguard you from being stuck without enough power to start the car and is quite normal. Even with a brand new battery, this warning will appear after 10 - 15 minutes if you don't start the engine.
    As for the auto adjust steering column, when getting in the car and starting the ignition, the steering wheel will return to the position it was last used in so lower it to the position you want and then when you turn off the ignition and open the driver's door the column will rise to its top most position. When you next get in the car and start the ignition the column will lower to the position you last set. If you have memory seats, you can press "1" or "2" to set the seats, mirrors and steering column to the desired position.
    The problems with the interior light and boot light does not sound right so that may be a problem but check your hand book for the setting procedure to ensure that everything is set correctly.
    Jaguar XF Portfolio 3.0 litre Supercharged Petrol (63 Reg) in Italian Racing Red.
    Previously 2008 2.7 XF PL with all the extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, on your steering column issue check that it is not set to the fully raised position on set up, if it is it will not move. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi H0970,

Welcome to Jaguar ownership, the website and forum.
    Everyone here is friendly and helpful.

I have owned my immaculate current 2004 XJ-V8 since December 2016 and it's a brilliant car.
    My previously owned Jaguars are a 1996 3.2ltr XJ6 Sovereign and 2 x 2001 S types.

Supertrev.
    Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8 in Jaguar Racing Green which sparkles in the strong sunshine.