Thread: Icarsoft V2

Post Thanks / Like

Icarsoft V2

Help if you have the latest icarsoft V2 could you plug in and go to Service and go to BMS and click to reset, and tel me what mesage comes up because I get (secure access not achieved) icarsoft in America are looking into it but is it my device every device or my car?
    Thanks in advance boys and girls

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it read codes?

I had have problems with my icarsoft i930 not being able to communicate with the ecu. After spending a lot of time trying to find out why. It turned out to be the battery was not able to power everything correctly. The icarsoft also needed power from the car to function properly. It may be worth just to charged the battery and then see if it works correctly.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Battery is new and fully charged.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Have now downloaded the latest update, and now getting message (communication error) have not heard back from the US as from today.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Not full answer but can confirm that I also got your original error message about secure access failing having replaced the battery when I got my car last year, it is early 2009 5.0 NA model.
    I was going to contact them but in searching if know problem I found document which said BMS will periodically run a self test and reset so did not bother in the end, it did correctly clear seat code which turned off warning light that low battery seemed to cause and has not come back. Only possible issue I have seen is occasionally get message "battery not charging" for a second or so when starting but car does go weeks between use and gets occasional top up on CTEK.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the battery threads and others, there is a lot of useful information on here.
    2009 XK 5.0 NA

6. Thanks M100 TWO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks efire for confirming it is there software problem.

John