Thread: Queue assist question

Post Thanks / Like

Queue assist question

I've had my 2016 3.0sc Portfolio for just over a month, and I love it. I am struggling to make a few things work, the first one is Queue assist. The car has adaptive cruise control and that seems to be fine, at least it works and it makes sense to me. For whatever reason (probably my stupidity) I have no idea how to use it in queue assist mode. The manual just tells me what it is, great but not helpful!

Anyone got 5 mins to tell me how to make it work? Your help is much appreciated in advance!
    XJ 3.0 Supercharged Portfolio, previously F Pace Portfolio 2.0D AWD and before that XF 2.2 Premium Luxury and about 30 other cars before joining the Jaguar brand

Post Thanks / Like
    No one know anything? Further research seems to suggest its only part of the ACC on slowing down, so it isn't quite what I thought it was, I thought it was a second option usable separately. I will have to test this on next A road journey using cruise. I was hoping to enable this feature in slow moving town driving, but clearly that unlikely.
    XJ 3.0 Supercharged Portfolio, previously F Pace Portfolio 2.0D AWD and before that XF 2.2 Premium Luxury and about 30 other cars before joining the Jaguar brand

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look here; https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/i...nce/index.html
    there’s a little film to show you.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

4. Thanks RaVolvoR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Yes I found that on YouTube while last night sitting on train home... It is what it is, a bolt-on to ACC rather than something to invoke in a long line of traffic! Oh well maybe I have to leave a biggish gap, race up to speed and hope to engage ACC to slow me into Queue Assist mode... might be a bit risky though!

I love the technology in the car but so often its 90% of what I really want (no singing please) and that last little bit comes in a new model year or completely new model.

Thanks for replying.

Next challenge - rear entertainment system (loving the toys!).

6. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m happy to help if I can Although this is from my last car a Volvo s90 T6.So go to the speed limit.then choose cruise control.then choose adaptive and adjust the gap to your liking.that is the top or bottom button below the set button. Cancel is the middle button underneath cruise control once set it will stick to the speed limit set if possible. Try in flowing traffic first then let it track down to a stop.when you brake it turns off but will resume when you go hit resume button.I think the jaguar is the same hardware as Volvo so you can incorporate speed limits from the traffic sign recognition if you have it. It will then automatically adapt the speed to the limit provided the way is clear. Unfortunately eternal vigilance is still required if cars jump into gaps in front of you.
    The Volvo ACC was very reliable( about the only thing) but it made lots of clicks and whirs.
    I would be interested in hearing how it works in practice as it is about the only thing missing in my XJ.
    White XJL portfolio 3 litre s/c ecu to S MY2015