Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Ultra Low Emmission Zone-Jag modification

Post Thanks / Like

London Ultra Low Emmission Zone-Jag modification

My JAGUAR XJ SOVEREIGN V6SWB TDVI A is caught by this new additional charge to be introduced in London from April 2019. https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...where-and-when

Can anyone help with:
    a)whether I can carry out any modification/adaptation to comply with the emission specs;
    b)point me to someone who could carry out the modification.

The tfl website provides some advice in relation vans/lorries and points to approved examiners/modification experts but I have not seen anything for cars.
    Apologies if the topic is covered in an earlier post!
    Moman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the forum. There is no modifications available yet to adapt cars to Euro 6 spec.
    I am in the same boat but rarely go into the congestion charge zone but from 2021 when the zone expands to the north/south circular then one will not be able to use the Blackwall Tunnel (in particular)without paying.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 119K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of people will be forced to replace their cars or buy a compliant town car.

This might help you to decide, they have some good information: https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/taxat...6c-and-6d-temp

4. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I can tell the change to Euro 6 requirements has needed a change in technology for diesels with the addition of SCR / Ad Blue systems and a total recalibration of the engine and injection mapping. So I don't think it will ever be worthwhile someone developing a Euro 6 conversion for earlier diesels. I've been eyeing 2014/5 XF Sportbrakes for a while but they are Euro 5 spec and will still be caught by the charges (like others the post 2021 zone will affect me most) and I don't think it is possible to even retrofit the current spec emission kit on what is basically the same model.
    Ian C
    2005 2.0D SE Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks for all the replies! Grateful. Looks like I will have to put up and shut up or get a newer jag. Can't part with my XJ. Moman

Post Thanks / Like
    And Euro 6 is more "polluting" than Euro 4. Just different pollutants. You know, the after effects of burning Pig wee.
    Last edited by Lost it; 16-01-19 at 06:16.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iwvc View Post
    As far as I can tell the change to Euro 6 requirements has needed a change in technology for diesels with the addition of SCR / Ad Blue systems and a total recalibration of the engine and injection mapping. So I don't think it will ever be worthwhile someone developing a Euro 6 conversion for earlier diesels. I've been eyeing 2014/5 XF Sportbrakes for a while but they are Euro 5 spec and will still be caught by the charges (like others the post 2021 zone will affect me most) and I don't think it is possible to even retrofit the current spec emission kit on what is basically the same model.
    Ian C
    Like you , I have been looking at the XF Sportsbrake too but to conform you need a 65 plate. There are lots of 15 plate and earlier on the market but the dealers are not advising customers of the pending ULEZ or offering to upgrade when the time comes at a reasonable discount either. Could be expensive for some of us.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 119K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    To explore possibilities, what's a reasonably priced small compliant town car to use as a daily and keep the Jag or other non-compliant luxury car, chaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do to your car to reduce emissions will be a waste of time because the charge is based on the declared emissions at the time of manufacture. It could be the cleanest Diesel on the roads but if Jaguar declared it Euro 4 compliant then you will be charged accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you notice that since they can't add new categories at the moment, they've cheated by tightening up Euro 6 to 6a, 6b, 6c and are likely to make 6d etcetera?

So what older town cars around £3,000 are Euro 6a, 6b, 6c compliant?

I could look them up for myself but that won't inform others and doesn't promotion discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast