Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 S Type CATS fault: where is SCP diagnostic connector FC001 located?

Post Thanks / Like

2000 S Type CATS fault: where is SCP diagnostic connector FC001 located?

I am still trying to track down the source of a problem with the CATS suspension damping system on my 2000 S Type.

The 1999 manual on page 4145 [J2, J3] tells me to check the diagnostic connector FC001 , pin 2 for resistance to ground and to the BATTERY pin 2.

I will give the manual another go around but I thought I would ask if anybody can point me to where the SCP [what does that abbreviation stand for?] and its diagnostic connector are to be found physically on the car.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    SCP means "Standard Corporate Protocol"

It is medium speed computer network, in this case a twisted pair (usually blue and yellow), the CATS module is connected to the SCP.

The electrical manual usually gives physical locations for all connectors and modules etc.
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/
    Wireless Phone Charger under Instrument Surround.
    Pictures of technical stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your quick replay Graham. So now I understand that when I am told to check the SCP I should not be looking for a module but rather a wiring harness. The connectors to the ADCM module are blue and grey in colour. Should I take it that the 'diagnostic connector' is simply one of the two connectors that connect the Standard Corporate Protocol wiring harness to the ADCM module? Am I getting it?
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I probably have this already, Lost it. I have been regularly messaging ducmon and he has been a real help.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you find the electrical manual do a search on FC001 and it should describe it's location, colour and number of pins. It is just possible that it is the OBD connector itself.

To work the SCP has two resistors as described above to hold one wire high and the other low (can't remember which way round), these are in network terminating modules - the CATS may even be one of them.

You are in effect checking both wiring AND terminating modules as the latter must be connected and the wiring good as either could be the cause of comms problems
    Last edited by graham-r; 11-01-19 at 18:55. Reason: Clarity
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/

7. Thanks muskox3437 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updated my previous post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably FC1 in the elec. guide and yes it looks like the DLC (the OBD II socket).

Pin 2 is SCP+, pin 10 is SCP-

You can pick up SCP+ and SCP- lots of places.

Do you think you have an SCP bus fault? They do happen but not often.

Post Thanks / Like

translation from English to Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by 04str View Post
    It's probably FC1 in the elec. guide and yes it looks like the DLC (the OBD II socket).

Pin 2 is SCP+, pin 10 is SCP-

You can pick up SCP+ and SCP- lots of places.

Do you think you have an SCP bus fault? They do happen but not often.
    You are hovering on the edge of my competence with computer analysis and the differences between English terminology and Canadian terminology. I read that you are saying pin 2 is positive and pin ten is negative, which is what I am taking from the manual And that FC1 might be part of the OBD II socket. Trying to learn here!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the symptoms and fault codes ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast