Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XJR Buying advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and thank you for the reply and advice. I did realise I had put the request on the wrong part of the forum as soon as I had posted it.I should read things properly. The car you have linked to the post is the one I had looked at and considered. A few people have warned me about certain issues now surrounding imports but I see you have dealt with the garage in question and had a good experience so that is reassuring. I think I’m going to steer clear of an import especially as it will be my first Jaguar. I do like the look of the British racing green super V8 you have highlited. I had seen this vehicle as I was browsing and stopped to give it some consideration but not have a great deal of knowledge I was leaning toward a car with a few less miles as I thought it would be a safer bet for my first Jaguar.
    Kind Regards
    Gareth

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and thank you for your reply. The car highlighted by Ashanti is the one I have looked at and considered. After reading through the replies I have got I believe I will stay away from an import. A few people have advised me to consider a super v 8 and I have seen a 2006 Xjr in blue with 62000 miles on it from a garage called the private collection although this is on at 13950 which seems a bit pricey although it looks a lovely car.
    I see you have a XJR. I will probably keep the Jaguar I buy for a long time so I think the R is the one to get.
    kind regards
    Gareth

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply its appreciated. After reading through the replies I have received I will probably stay away from an import. I see you have owned a few XJRs and really liked them. A few people have recommended a super v 8 which also look a really nice car. I have some thinking to do and a bit more research.
    kind regards
    Gareth

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck on finding the correct car, just to let you know my Super V8 had about 115000 miles on the clock when I got it just over 4 years ago,
    Previous Jaguars : 1985 4.2 Sov, 1988 3.6 Sov, 1990 4.0 Sov, 1994 3.2 Sov, 1998 4.0 Sov lwb, 2000 4.0 Sov lwb.2003 XJ 350 3.5se
    Current cars : 2011 XJL 3.0 Luxury, 2004 Xj Super V8 SWB, 2008 Transit ( my work van ), 2008 Mercedes GL420, 2015 Mercedes S500 AMG line

5. Thanks Gareth71 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12