Post Thanks / Like

1960's Jaguar driver.

Interesting old video:-

Hilarious in parts!
    nuts and bolts and electrical jolts

2. Thanks S-Type Owner, hawkaye thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, Jodel, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Road hog on the motorway. It was unusual then.

The bus conductor on the platform could have been me! Holiday job when I finished Skool.

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jaguar driver seemed to think it was perfectly OK to flash and use his horn to get the other car to move over - these days that would probably be regarded as road rage !
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

6. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.X.T View Post
    The Jaguar driver seemed to think it was perfectly OK to flash and use his horn to get the other car to move over - these days that would probably be regarded as road rage !
    I had similar thoughts! In some locations that behavior could get you into a world of hurt...
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    In those days the 2 fingers Victory wave sorted it, meaning you can do that 2 times, mate!

But these days we don't see 2 fingers nor any other waves. Dunno why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which 2 fingers are you talking about? The V-for victory, or the other one....

I confess I've never seen the former, and not seen the later for some time now. You just see people chuntering and muttering to themselves with a scowl these days. Usually for something trivial, like they have had to let someone into a queue or something.

I did see something funny a few years back though. A VW Golf in front of me overtook a bus doing 40mph on an A-road; I followed suit and the next available opportunity and did the same. A short distance away the road swung to the left on a blind corner, then there was a set of traffic lights and some road works. The Golf and me had to stop for the red light, and the bus driver caught us up and stopped behind us.

For some reason, as the bus drew up, he parped his horn a few times. I assumed it was at his disapproval of us overtaking him, and the Golf driver must have made the same assumption. I could see in my rear view mirror the bus driver was looking confident and fearsome as he parped his horn, with his carriage of 50 or more people on board he probably felt invincible and full of self righteousness.

Then a second later, the drivers side door of the Golf swung open and a rather large man got out and stomped over to the bus, looking annoyed. He walked all the way up to the side window of the bus and as I looked in my mirror I saw the bus driver go from curiosity and surprise, to slight worry... then his gaze dropped to his speedo pods and to the left, as he did his best to ignore the Golf driver. The Golf driver stomped about the front of the bus a but, I have no idea what he was saying. Then he retreated back to his car.

I bet that bus driver doesn't parp people for overtaking him anymore...

We all get annoyed when driving, there are idiots out there, and I confess sometimes those idiots have been me... I've never had road rage though?!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Shhh...it happens, Chris!

Forrest Gump said it!

The American defiant mid-finger salute has been spotted (and offered) once or twice by your intrepid reporter.

It happens in the middle East more, where locals follow the Yanks more than the Brits, with a variation known as "sit and pivot" in Cyprus in which the open palm is held flat with the inside facing up towards the sky, and the middle finger is raised up like a hook!

Ouch! The mere thought!

It's not British, you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    He says he's only had 2. (Cigars).

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely. Reminded me of my dad's 3.8 MkII, in gunmetal grey but with blueish upholstery. Does the reg VGR 725 mean anything to anyone? Originally from Cowie's in Sunderland.
    hawkaye
    2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 SE with winter pack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast