Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mini meet .

Post Thanks / Like
    Touché old boy, touché.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

2. Thanks lewysdanny, Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes lewysdanny, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lewysdanny View Post
    Tell you what Jim , if you only knew what its cost since we last met up . But for all its cost , she's now in perfect fettle and this trip over to France and Belgium has it purring like a prized *****.
    Knowing you Tim, I’m sure no penny has been spared in the purrrsuit of purrrfection.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

4. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
    Likes lewysdanny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Knowing you Tim, I’m sure no penny has been spared in the purrrsuit of purrrfection.
    Hey Jim , the word I used was purring like a prized pussycat , or shortened version anyway . But now I've noticed in my 2nd or 3rd post it's deleted my description of you and Rich to say prized ***** , but there is another word that would fit starting also with a "P " . Let me reassure you both the word I used in my original was the first part of pussycat . Anyhow if I sound a bit muddled i'm tired and now going to bed ..... started for the ferry early this morning .... Later Jim
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles
    In a very nice condition , but will be better the longer it is in my ownership .

6. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My p u ssy has never met Mrs Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny 'Betty' Slocombe
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

8. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew your intention was purely honourable Tim, enjoy your sleep.
    Jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to the Victoria Inn a couple of times, as I used to work only a couple of miles away from there. That'll do nicely, Tim.

If you want to do the Llandow track thing, though, you really need to do the full experience and eat in the greasy spoon at the circuit, the Chequered Flag.
    2011 X351 Supersport, black with black and more black

Previous cars: 2008 Honda Accord CDTi EX Tourer, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT, 1997 Audi S8, 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy GL, 1960 Austin Mini, 1976 Jensen GT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6,

11. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTeacake View Post
    I've been to the Victoria Inn a couple of times, as I used to work only a couple of miles away from there. That'll do nicely, Tim.

If you want to do the Llandow track thing, though, you really need to do the full experience and eat in the greasy spoon at the circuit, the Chequered Flag.

I think the answer to a track day might be to just see if I can book a few hours at Llandow cart circuit . As the cost for the lads coming from a distance would be enough just getting to the Victoria , without the cost for a full blown track day experience in something like a race prep Supercar . But my biggest fear would be that a couple of members that are attending , know how to drive at high speed , as I know they certainly don't drive their present cars to their potential . So I must be mindful of their age , and driving experience when booking any type of competitive driving skills fun . But you are right in respect of the venue .
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles
    In a very nice condition , but will be better the longer it is in my ownership .

13. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tim,

Apologies, but I'll not be attending this meet.

In a nutshell, close to 500 miles for a spot of lunch, no matter how good, is a tad too far.

Considering there is chance for some track action which I'd not have time to attend, I thought you ought to know sooner rather than later.

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Rich sorry to hear that . But with luck someone might do a meet somewhere in between both our homes .
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456