Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: The countdown to Brexit thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been in any Political Party or campaigned for any Politician but I will do everything I can if we have another Referendum to defeat the Remain Vote .
    The big problem in fact it is a huge problem come the GE who can you vote for with so many of the 650 liars in Westminster standing again. Are these really the best people we have to run this Country , how did we get here

2. Likes Rhyl46, fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the problem, people vote against the party they last didn't like, rather than positively.

And you've hit the nail on the head, milud!!

Who?

Jake RM? Perhaps. But that would mean the rest of the loons get in too.

Certainly not Gove, Theresa seems to have lost the plot.

Vince Cable, after he lost the plot too? Nope.

Corbyn? Abbott? Rudd? The pretender Anti-Semitists with a chip on their shoulders? Other "Women for Leader" proponents?

Gorblimey, Guv'nor, leave me be!!

Can I PLEASE vote for QE2 for as long as She lives? She's had the worst reign since good old King Etheldred the Unwise!

Or was it Harold?

Henry I? Henry II?

4. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am swiftly arriving at the point of terminal despair whilst observing the activities within Parliament over Brexit.

As a consequence I am also becoming increasing ambivalent towards not only the legitimacy of our apparently elected democracy but also the immature, uncompromisingly contradictory and confrontational behaviour that seem to now be the outstanding characteristics followed by our previously respected representatives.

It is perfectly clear to me that there exists a significant number of MPs who are still acting as if remaining in the EU is an option. This, in itself I find staggering and quite unbelievable.

Then there are those who childishly cheer and celebrate votes made on motions and resolutions that quite clearly are detrimental not only to the way forward but also to the continuing existence of a Parliament worthy of our respect.

Why cannot MPs grow up and see how rapidly they are destroying the reverence built up by their once admired and commended forebears!?!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

6. Thanks fat controller thanked for this post
    Likes Rhyl46, fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because nobody stood in front of them.and told them in no uncertain words?

Post Thanks / Like
    The next General Election is going to be very interesting indeed - the options in front of us are akin to being asked to choose whether we would like to gouge our own eyes out with a fork or a spoon. There is not one single one of them that I would trust to run a bath, let alone a country.

Rowley_1812, I could not agree more. The infantile behavior from our political 'elite' is quite staggering, and as it is televised around the world, it is frankly embarrassing.

Perhaps at the next General Election, the best option might be for all of us to simply not turn out to vote - not one of us. Maybe then, they might get the message.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

9. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    The next General Election is going to be very interesting indeed - the options in front of us are akin to being asked to choose whether we would like to gouge our own eyes out with a fork or a spoon. There is not one single one of them that I would trust to run a bath, let alone a country.

Rowley_1812, I could not agree more. The infantile behavior from our political 'elite' is quite staggering, and as it is televised around the world, it is frankly embarrassing.

Perhaps at the next General Election, the best option might be for all of us to simply not turn out to vote - not one of us. Maybe then, they might get the message.
    They won't "get" anything, since each seat will get an MP and one or other party will still get in.

Fair non-accompli.

11. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So after the amendments presented tonight, it appears Parliament is unable to take control of Brexit from May, No to another referendum, and yes to a request for a extension up to June if permitted by the EU. This enables May to get her deal back on the table for round three and leaving without a deal is still the default position.

We have gone full circle and passed go without picking anything up

Smart cookie Mogg is sitting there weighing up if the ERG will have to support the deal or if he can play the waiting game and leave without a deal. I think there will be bigger numbers for the deal on the 20th, the DUP are bricking it because of the proposed zero tariffs from the Republic and are ready to fold.

Looks like the PM might still be the last man standing.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

13. Likes fat controller, Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47576813

"If" the EU agree?

What choice do they have, it's Our Exit, the first one, We lay the foundations!

What a pile of fools we have - "represent us"? They do Not!

They are making us a laughing stock continually, and weakening our position.

It's occurred to me several times - Is Mr May advising Mrs May?

And is it his advice she's been following?

15. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt vote for it but wish we would just get on with it and sod off now.
    We will leave on 29th March because thats the law, unless
    1) parliament vote to change the law AND all 27 EU countries agree (whether you like it or not because until we leave we are still in and bound by both UK and EU law)
    OR
    2) we revoke article 50 - which we can do unilaterally

So all in all a total **** up whether you are Remain or Leave - no-one is happy which sort of shows what a stupid idea it is in the first place!!
    2010 Black XF 3.0TD S Premium Luxury
    1995 Eunos Roadster autosolo and sprint car
    previous jags:-
    2001 2.5 awd X-type
    2002 S-type R (featured in Jaguar World magazine)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably better if we start on the 28th, just in case there are any problems or someone forgets to bring something important.

18. Likes fat controller liked this post
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast