Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: The countdown to Brexit thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwpw View Post

So all in all a total **** up whether you are Remain or Leave - no-one is happy which sort of shows what a stupid idea it is in the first place!!
    No the idea was not stupid unless you like living under foreign law makers who don't care if their edicts are applicable to you.

The only stupidity was giving us our say for once in most people's lifetime.

Cameron came back after being blatantlytold we cannot stop paying child benefit when foreigners' kids are not in the UK - which stopped him making our other demands which he went to put to them, and he proved what a weakling he is.

He came back calling it a "success", gave us the referendum to let us decide - and we did! Out from these arrogant Emperors who think they can control us Brits. We will have none of it. Then he quit and has disappeared. Prize Pratt No. 1.

Do you like being under Herr Juncker's Empire, soon to be Herr Selmayr's Empire for his lifetime, without him being elected as the next Dictator? Heil Hitler!?

Hmmm?

Did your father serve in either of the two world wars against such empires? Mine did, the second. Others lost grandfathers and fathers.

What for, now?

For instance, how many stupid road humps ("sleeping policemen") are there around you which should not be there and will eventually break your suspension springs? There are many in residential estates which some Prize Pratt decided must be built in all countries. Why in almost every bleeding housing estate and village road in the UK?

And over 10,000 other edicts which should be re-assessed and cancelled if they don't apply or are inappropriate for us. I doubt our Pratts will do that, it's far more exciting calling someone racist.

The problem for all of us is that this excercise has shaken and is about to demolish our belief that we have a democracy if the exit isn't completed.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-03-19 at 08:59.

2. Likes piman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So where are we now chaps?

No referendum (great).

Extension beyond March for negotiations (hmmm... Ok as long as it's not more than what?)

No hard border in Ireland. (No, I much prefer one to stop drugs and weapons and contraband being carried through without checks).

See You Next Tuesday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    It's probably better if we start on the 28th, just in case there are any problems or someone forgets to bring something important.
    Like... The draft contracts?

Oh, woops! We don't know what we want yet!

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-03-19 at 21:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all Ed Milliband's fault. If he hadn't stabbed his brother in the back to steal the Labour leadership, David Milliband would easily have become Prime Minister and Cameron would not have stood a chance.....not even Nigel Farage could have panicked David Milliband into calling a Referendum as he did with Cameron.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwpw View Post

So all in all a total **** up whether you are Remain or Leave - no-one is happy which sort of shows what a stupid idea it is in the first place!!
    Let’s hope we’re not saying that when All political/judicial/ and tax decisions are made by people who are not even residents of the UK .
    the one good thing that has come out of this is to show how much the uk has become dependent on Europe And also highlights the loss off everything that Great Britain stood for in bygone years.
    i say unite Ireland and let us be an island once more .
    it also shows how little if any respect that the leaders of the European Union have for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    It's all Ed Milliband's fault. If he hadn't stabbed his brother in the back to steal the Labour leadership, David Milliband would easily have become Prime Minister and Cameron would not have stood a chance.....not even Nigel Farage could have panicked David Milliband into calling a Referendum as he did with Cameron.
    No Miliband no Corbyn either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just imagine the difference. Chance or fate?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's because Cameron was hurt by his dismissal from Europe and realised he was not in control of his own country that he threw the referendum open to us.

And...

We WON, chaps!!

Out, brothers!!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Everybody Out" - remember the Rag Trade from the 1960s?

"I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not over until Emily Thornbury sings.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast