Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 522

Thread: The countdown to Brexit thread

  1. #481
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    It's not over until Emily Thornbury sings.
    Unfortunately she already has burst into song - maybe Diane Abbot could be the fat lady instead?

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...nd-news-latest
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  2. #482
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Unfortunately she already has burst into song - maybe Diane Abbot could be the fat lady instead?

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...nd-news-latest
    Oh no!

    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  3. #483
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    "Everybody Out" - remember the Rag Trade from the 1960s?
    .
    No, I don't recall that at all. Used to listen to The Clitheroe Kid on the radio then, we didn't have a telly
    until later, so a couple of pals and I used to go to the local Radio Rentals shop and watch black & white cartoons silently through the shop window.

    We listened to Round the Horn, The Navy Lark, Charlie Drake, others that I've forgotten because they weren't as interesting.

    .

  4. #484
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    .
    No, I don't recall that at all. Used to listen to The Clitheroe Kid on the radio then, we didn't have a telly
    until later, so a couple of pals and I used to go to the local Radio Rentals shop and watch black & white cartoons silently through the shop window.

    We listened to Round the Horn, The Navy Lark, Charlie Drake, others that I've forgotten because they weren't as interesting.

    .
    Here's a short clip of The Rag Trade:

    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  5. #485
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to kick her out, she's failing us.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/47599860

    She's now trying to blackmail the MPs instead of focussing with them on thrashing out our terms and going back to Juncker & Co and push them through.

    Who the hell is advising her?

    Now she's saying if our MPs don't approve her daft idea of a deal, "we won't exit for many months if ever"???

    WTF does she think this is all about?

    Silly woman! And that's a mild term!

    She's totally clueless, same tune same drum.

    Meanwhile Juncker and Co are blameless, they've left the door open but we've not decided what we want, at this late stage.

    .

  6. #486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Time to kick her out, she's failing us.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/47599860

    She's now trying to blackmail the MPs instead of focussing with them on thrashing out our terms and going back to Juncker & Co and push them through.

    Who the hell is advising her?

    Now she's saying if our MPs don't approve her daft idea of a deal, "we won't exit for many months if ever"???

    WTF does she think this is all about?

    Silly woman! And that's a mild term!

    She's totally clueless, same tune same drum.

    Meanwhile Juncker and Co are blameless, they've left the door open but we've not decided what we want, at this late stage.

    .
    She has got to be the worst prime minister EVER followed closely by Gordon Brown then David Cameron ?

  7. #487
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    She's got determination but she's got entirely the wrong ideas.

    "Honourable" has nothing to do with making the right decisions and agreements for the entire UK of nearly 80 million people.

    We have no details but she's proved that she does not understand the depth of the consequences of getting it wrong.

    .

  8. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
  9. #488
    Senior Member Rowley_1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Jct 6 M25
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    The position of the PM is not to be envied, she's between a rock, a hard place and a solid brick wall.

    She has been needing to steer a clear pathway between the seemingly harsh but specific demands of the DUP/ERG on one side, the wishy-washy mediocre and indeterminate views of the Opposition on another, and lastly the embittered, unrealistic and ridiculously uncompromising elements of the SNP contingent in Westminster.


    Frankly I'm not surprised that we are where we are and the week ahead might just prove to be make or break for Mrs May.

    As for the Country ... we'll survive whatever gets thrown at us, which is more than can be said for the current batch of MPs, some of whom have truly revealed the lack of foundation and depth of their political ability and relevance.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

  10. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, Rhyl46, Zero123 liked this post
  11. #489
    Senior Member Rowley_1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Jct 6 M25
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Time to kick her out, she's failing us.
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

  12. #490
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Berlin
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    So who would take over if she threw in the towel?

    At the moment I don't see anybody who will do any better. Labour may have had a better chance without Corbyn but he seems to be grandstanding rather than trying to find an answer to this impasse.

  13. Likes Rhyl46, Peterthejagman, Zero123 liked this post
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •