Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Thread: The countdown to Brexit thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Nigel Farage is stirring up the 27 EU MEPs hoping that at least one will vote against a long extention by warning them "You don't want me coming back!"

"I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does make sense Rowley.

Problem is, he's too busy dining and wining to pretend he's co-operating with the Turkish Cypriots to "solve" the "Cyprus Problem" - the Turkish invasion of 1974.

Can't catch the bugger, he's always in the middle of a police convoy of 5 or 6 big black things with blue lights zooming along at 140kph!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but I seem to have missed something.
    The Prime Minister has a deal and wants to be out by the 29th but as I see it, it's the " I know best for my constituents and country" MP's who have blocked our leaving.
    It's them who we should be taking to task but as usual we elect them after listening to their promises and then they do as they want.
    It was a poison chalice from the start and then with no support from weak back stabbing politicians on all sides, no wonder we're in the mess we're in.
    2007 Slate Grey 4.2 XK-R Convertible
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is a wee bit more complex than that, although there is a significant element of that. The whole problem for me is the fact that the majority of people who were tasked with handling our exit from the EU are people that did/do not want to leave.

Think about it - when you were a kid, and your mum or dad asked you to tidy your room, you would give it a half-hearted attempt to make it look like you had tried, when in actual fact you were taking so long at it, or making such a balls-up of the job that mum or dad would eventually get exasperated and tell you to get out of the way and let them do it. After a few runs at this, they wouldn't even bother to ask and your room would get tidied on a Saturday morning when you were out with your pals.

The Brexit scenario is very similar, except we cannot tell them to get out of the way and let us do it ourselves. What we can do, is remember - - remember all of these shenanigans and let downs when it comes election time, and vote the bar-stewards out. I don't think this is the end of all this by a very long chalk, as this is about more than Brexit, and is in fact about elitism. People are sick and tired of being milked, whilst having services cut again and again, being told how to think, what to eat, what to drink and what to say, and it is not just here in the UK either.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

5. Likes Poundy, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    But who would we vote for because the way the parties stand at the moment, of all our senior MP's I want " none of the above" !!!
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could take a page from Macrons book and form a new party which was a populist party originally until it came to power and then it became part of the political establishment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    You could take a page from Macrons book and form a new party which was a populist party originally until it came to power and then it became part of the political establishment.
    Great idea........................ wait who'd vote for a short grey haired bloke with a beard, nah maybe not LOL !!

9. Thanks stanboy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the BBC will put the Farage speech on there news slots .... something tells me they wont

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevCon1 View Post
    Perhaps the BBC will put the Farage speech on there news slots .... something tells me they wont
    As long as we all share and goes viral on facebook lol!
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253