Thread: ECU Problem

Post Thanks / Like

ECU Problem

Hello,

On Jaguar X Type 2009 2.2d Executive BVA DPF

Having a engine warning light and sometimes gearbox fault message 2 months, I flashed the TCM with mongoose clone, i ve been going for a ride to test if gearbox fault would appear but it was all good ( in Sport mode also)

I still had some strange feeling : like speed would downgrade with delay, power was missing past 3000rpm

Then i wanted to reprogram the generic module ...

it asked to remove ABS fuse then stability module fuse, what i did , then module programming failed midway

On my dashboard, i see consumption ( in french) module error , ABS warning light, stability fault, now car wont start

I messed up cause battery voltage was 12.5 in ignition II, engine off ( and maybe other factor like mongoose clone, no VCM ...)

I charged battery all night , now its at 13.5v ignition off but when i go in ignition II , then engine cooler goes max speed and i still have 12.5v

Im using a chinese power supply of 50A,i will try to see if i can turn off engine cooler but maybe i have power drain somewhere...

I performed an ECU reset, by touching - and + but problem is still same

I knew i had some electronic mess, i wanted to bring it to a tech this week ... but now car dont even start

I tried to reconfigure ABS module but i have problem of communication now ...

Is there a way to make ECU return to where it was ?

Thanks for any help anyone would bring me

Anton

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to go into a previous session if you can where comm was good...reconfigure as new module...i had the same issue once on a trans reflash and my laptop died halfway through..i was able to go to a previous session and start over...this is strange about the fuse pull...i have never seen it....another guy had the same exact issue...same circumstances and i think he was able to go to a previous session...what version sdd and after trans reflash no sport mode for at least 150 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch1222 View Post
    Try to go into a previous session if you can where comm was good...reconfigure as new module...i had the same issue once on a trans reflash and my laptop died halfway through..i was able to go to a previous session and start over...this is strange about the fuse pull...i have never seen it....another guy had the same exact issue...same circumstances and i think he was able to go to a previous session...what version sdd and after trans reflash no sport mode for at least 150 miles
    TCM reflash went good, then i went riding it , pushed it a little , in sport mode also , and no more gearbox fault... , even though, from what you said i should not go harsh before 150 miles, i will keep this in mind

When things went wrong and communication problem appeared, its when i configured the Powertrain Control Module, i have old session ( remark : I reinstalled SDD , from 131.03 to 131.00 as someone advised me) to do maybe rectification procedure or like u say but first i need to fix some SCP and CAN short-to-ground

I didnt have time lately to make a new post with more info etc...

at the moment, i'm doing electrical investigation to find short-to-ground in SCP-

in SDD, i have ECM has a red X on SCP bus, recommendation are pinpoint test H ( like H%ECM and H%EDCM) which are Generic Electronic Module related