Thread: iCarsoft i930 capabilities. Help required.

Post Thanks / Like

iCarsoft i930 capabilities. Help required.

Good, well freezing actually, morning.

2007 XKR.

The Central High Mounted Stop Lamp is not working despite having 12v in the supply wires (stuck a pin in them and used a multimeter to check).
    I read on another forum that a hard reset could bring it back to life, but before I try that, I have just acquired an iCarsoft Scanner and wondered if I can reset the Auxiliary Junction Box that powers the CHMSL.

Will the iCarsoft reset the gearbox adaptations? I am assuming the car has been driven very gently by previous owners due to the poor state of the brake discs!

I am a bit scared to plug in the iCarsoft and just have a look around in case I **** something up!

Thanks in advance.

PS. The Icarsoft software has just been updated.
    Last edited by Stagnite; 24-01-19 at 11:17. Reason: PS added
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

2. Likes stanboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi stagnite,
    The icarsoft will not allow to reset the gearbox adaptation you will need the Jaguar software.

I don't know about the other question but you can have a look with the icarsoft because it will read any fault codes that you have. You don't have the possibility to reprogram rather delete codes but write them down before you do so.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

4. Likes Villanova27 liked this post