Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: engine feels like its "holding back"

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it sorted Rob.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    spoke too soon. next day its back to jumping all over again when you are crusing, again acceleration is fine its purely when you hold the car at a steady speed
    2007 Silver X Type SE D (only 10 previous owners)
    2007 Toyota Avensis T180 (good in theory, poor in reality)
    2008 Citroen C2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
    spoke too soon. next day its back to jumping all over again when you are crusing, again acceleration is fine its purely when you hold the car at a steady speed
    Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain. Mine did it for 50K miles and in the end it turned out to be a suspected injector bogey.

It took three tanks of Redex Diesel Advanced and some ZX1 in the oil and fuel tank for 1.5k miles to clear it in the end.

I tried lots of other injector cleaner fuel additive products over the previous 3 years and 48.5k miles, and none of them worked for me.

Hang in there, once the injector bogey is gone, it will stop sneezing.

My nose feels crusty inside now. I can't remember what we were talking about. Um, back in a bit, need to see to something. Cheers.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon

Post Thanks / Like
    ive just been out and filled up with v-power and had a blast around the mean streets of lincoln, carefully dodging the drunk students staggering accross the road no doubt in search of late night pot noodle and *** papers. Nice to hear someone saying something positive about redex for once, ive been following the zx1 thread with interest, stannadyne is my usual go-to for injector cleaning but I guess anything is worth a shot at this point.

theres a lot of crusty nose going round, unfortunately ive passed mine onto my 18 month old and knowing that I start early shift tomorrow for the week he has decided he doesnt feel like sleeping I just tried to bribe him with a happy meal to no avail.
    2008 Citroen C2

5. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, You'll be tired this afternoon.

Yeah, I didn't try Redex till last because years ago I put some in my moped and it didn't go any faster, so I'd decided back then it didn't work.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon

7. Likes bugsb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i use redex all the time well 4 times a year in all our cars keep an eye in asda as they have there reduction deal you can pick up redex for around £2
    2005 x type 2.0D estate sport in black

9. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    steady 80mph run in 4th between 3000 / 4000 rpm up the m180 from scunthorpe to the humber bridge and back to see if that would help but no go. ive just bought a kess clone from the bay and i reckon im going to get the egr mapped out that will eliminate it so thinking logically if that doesnt cure it then it has to be injector gremlins.

out of interest..do we have any experienced jag remappers on the forum?
    2008 Citroen C2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsb View Post
    i use redex all the time well 4 times a year in all our cars keep an eye in asda as they have there reduction deal you can pick up redex for around £2
    Tesco's also have Redex on offer at the moment, 2 of your Earth pounds for a bottle. Saw it, carried on with the weekly shop promising to grab a few bottles on the way back to the checkout. Forgot. D'Oh!
    2006 X-Type 2.0 SE Diesel Estate: 122,000 miles and climbing!
    Heart of Gold, Nerves of Steel, Knob of Butter.

12. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
    steady 80mph run in 4th between 3000 / 4000 rpm up the m180 from scunthorpe to the humber bridge and back to see if that would help but no go. ive just bought a kess clone from the bay and i reckon im going to get the egr mapped out that will eliminate it so thinking logically if that doesnt cure it then it has to be injector gremlins.

out of interest..do we have any experienced jag remappers on the forum?
    I'm clutching at straws now but let's see. What I'm thinking is temperature sensing. If the engine management makes adjustments based on engine component working temperatures, and the signals are wrong or not getting through, could it be like running on choke?

That would likely give it a rough combustion and run a bit sick.

Anyone know if there are systems like this to check? Maybe a bit of a stretch to far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12