Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New XFR owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Carlos and Jaguar ownership.

You will find us a very helpful bunch and keen to see many photos of your new cat.

We also don't mind pics of other cars you may own, unlike some other forums.

You've bought the only known cure for The Itch

A V8 and a beauty it looks too.

Funny thing about a Jaguar V8, I could have called in at Morrisons on my way home from work, but for some inexplicable reason (to those who haven't got a Jag), I chose to drive home and take the Jag instead.

I even went the long way round.

Enjoy,

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Waft 'N' Loud
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I must admit I have been taking the long way everywhere and being even more OCD about where I park than normal since I got the big cat! I have pics of all my other cars that I have owned but I currently only own the 1 car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the car out for its first proper run on some decent country 'A' roads and wow... I have never been in anything like it for pure overtaking ability, With the car in dynamic mode and the gearbox in sport or on the paddles the thing just fly's! The torque is the main thing it just surges and the engine takes on a much harder note as you wind it on, Its a real dual personality car as when you are getting after it in this manner the car feels much more wieldy and grippy and agile but then when you are just crusing around at less that mach 2 the car is quiet and comfortable.

Another thing that I hav noticed is how smooth the ZF 8 speed is but also how quick to respond it is, Having come from an S-tronic gearbox that was remapped the shift speed going up the box doesn't seem all that much slower if at all really and the gearbox is more intelligent than the s-tronic was meaning that theres less of a pause whilst the correct gear is selected for overtaking etc. The only time that the box is noticeably slower than the dual clutch is on downshifts, the s-tronic used to downshift quicker but also more abruptly than the ZF seems to.. So where the ZF is a bit softer/slower on the downshift it also unsettles the car a lot less as it seems to finesse the change a little more.

Anyway I will stop rambling now but just wanted to get this info down! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I have ordered a spires stage 2 exhaust... haha... I figured I would probably wait like 6 months but that hasn’t exactly happened!! The exhaust should be here early next week so expect noise then haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had the spires stage 2 exhaust fitted this afternoon, so far it’s terrible for fuel economy but quite excellent for my ears!

I will have to give it a couple of hundred miles to bed in before seeing what it’s really like but it already sounds like it has unleashed the potential of the engine vocally.

Anyway here’s a short clip, I will get a better one at some point soon and a comparison video.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12