Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick question about Cam belt change

Post Thanks / Like

quick question about Cam belt change

My car is a 2010 XF 3L TD and have about 60,000 miles on clock so want to get the belt changed due to age of rubber not the miles.

Question is do pop to Harwoods Jaguar in Chichester and pay £625 or save and try my local indie who is just outside Portsmouth. My worry is that the indie who I have visited a few times with small jobs, does not give me confidence, I can't put my finger on it but he has said a couple of things to me about oil for example which he quoited the wrong amount to fill and the type he suggested was not right for this car along with reading a couple of poor reviews.

£625 is a fair amount but nothing if its not done right and the engine explodes so should I just bite the bullet and go main dealer for the belt, I'm happy doing the service it was so easy and I can do the brakes when needed it's just the belt that worries me.
    When I die I want to go like my Granddad, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming like the people on the back seat.

XF V6 3L Diesel Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Search around for a different indie, not difficult for the right person.

X TYPE 2.0D

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is jag indys are few and far between here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 3+ fixed cost Jaguar price of £625 all in, is a decent deal. I am not sure what the complete genuine parts/gasket kit is worth but that will not be cheap. Thats where mine will be going when it's due to be done at least you know the parts are good and you get a warranty with it.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

5. Likes mrb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that's my thinking so I think I will go main dealer for this it should be in safe hands, hope so anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    I think the 3+ fixed cost Jaguar price of £625 all in, is a decent deal. I am not sure what the complete genuine parts/gasket kit is worth but that will not be cheap. Thats where mine will be going when it's due to be done at least you know the parts are good and you get a warranty with it.
    I agree and that's what I did. They also lent me a XE courtesy car for a nominal fee.
    2010 XFS 3.0D Portfolio with all toys (ACC/Voice/TV etc) except sunroof

8. Likes Maca4, Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had a cambelt change around 8-10 years and had a report on the condition of the old belt? It's a crazy amount of money (over a grand at the local dealership) and I've not heard of a single case of cambelt failure on the XF... Not sure if it's possible/feasible to inspect either.

Anyone had a cambelt change by Jagman in Wigan?
    June '09 XF 3.0d S Portfolio Ultimate Black, with Ivory Leather, Mats + Flaps

Post Thanks / Like
    £625 at my local main dealer ?.

That's the problem I could be driving another 50,000 mls without a problem but if it did go then I would be looking at scrapping the car so reluctantly I going to get it done.
    When I die I want to go like my Granddad, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming like the people on the back seat.

XF V6 3L Diesel Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah unfortunately my dealer isn't part of the 3+ servicing scheme so leaves just the indy really
    June '09 XF 3.0d S Portfolio Ultimate Black, with Ivory Leather, Mats + Flaps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Yeah unfortunately my dealer isn't part of the 3+ servicing scheme so leaves just the indy really
    Go to another dealer who does the 3+.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast