Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Farewell

  1. #1
    Senior Member johnjordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N.W.Leicestershire
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Farewell

    I'm afraid I'm half reluctantly leaving the Jaguar family.

    Two weeks ago I collected a car for my son from Bristol and drove it to Leicestershire. The car was a BMW 323d M Sport X drive.. What an engine that thing has!!!

    Anyway, I saw a 535d M Sport yesterday in a local dealer and had to have it. I know it hasn't got the luxury finishing touches that the XF has, or the name. It is so satisfying to say, when people ask what I drive to say " a Jaaaagggggg". Sounds so much better than " a bmw". But times change and I collect the car on Friday.

    So I'd lie to say a big thank you to all those that have helped me over the years both on this forum and the X & S Type forums.

    Thank you and farewell.
    2010 XF 3.0D Premium Luxury in Ebony Black with cream interior.. .

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jimbov8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Worksop
    Posts
    12,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t be a stranger John and pop in from time to time. Good luck with the new car.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

    I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Super350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you enjoy!
    Would be nice to see pics of the new beastie.
    My brother had a 535d for a while and found the performance exceptional.
    Does the new car have run-flats? My bro said they were really expensive come time to change.
    All the best
    S
    2003 Super V8 SWB

  4. #4
    Senior Member johnjordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N.W.Leicestershire
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super350 View Post
    Hope you enjoy!
    Would be nice to see pics of the new beastie.
    My brother had a 535d for a while and found the performance exceptional.
    Does the new car have run-flats? My bro said they were really expensive come time to change.
    All the best
    S
    Here you go. The actual body colour is a much darker grey. Not sure about the runflats yet but will find out on Friday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
    2010 XF 3.0D Premium Luxury in Ebony Black with cream interior.. .

  5. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
  6. #5
    Senior Member Super350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that looks mean
    Thanks for sharing!
    Good luck with the new car
    S
    2003 Super V8 SWB

  7. Thanks johnjordan thanked for this post
  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    UK Hampshire
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it proves to be more reliable than the BMW 116ed that I had as a company car prior to buying my XF. In two years and 41,000 miles boot lock failure; permanently locked. Drivers door lock failure; would not lock, Driveshaft seal in gearbox leaking. Obviously a Friday car.

  9. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjordan View Post
    I'm afraid I'm half reluctantly leaving the Jaguar family.

    Two weeks ago I collected a car for my son from Bristol and drove it to Leicestershire. The car was a BMW 323d M Sport X drive.. What an engine that thing has!!!

    Anyway, I saw a 535d M Sport yesterday in a local dealer and had to have it. I know it hasn't got the luxury finishing touches that the XF has, or the name. It is so satisfying to say, when people ask what I drive to say " a Jaaaagggggg". Sounds so much better than " a bmw". But times change and I collect the car on Friday.

    So I'd lie to say a big thank you to all those that have helped me over the years both on this forum and the X & S Type forums.

    Thank you and farewell.
    Just think you can now join in with Audi drivers and tailgate Everyone insist you are always the car in the front and only drive in the outside lane at max speed ?

    Sorry don't mean to offend just based on personal experiences.

    My attempt at humour ....(or is it ?)

  11. Thanks johnjordan thanked for this post
  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Bucks
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    Just think you can now join in with Audi drivers and tailgate
    When I had my XF and now with the NG 9-5 I find that, at night, cars that get too close become invisible because their lights disappear below the bottom of the back window. I do wish people wouldn't do that.

  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    When I had my XF and now with the NG 9-5 I find that, at night, cars that get too close become invisible because their lights disappear below the bottom of the back window. I do wish people wouldn't do that.

    I know what you mean I got done doing 36 in a 30 mph zone went on a speed awareness course and brought up this very issue....Their advice is to slow right down put on your left indicator and if possible wave them past...I found it works and really makes them look like the idiot they are !!

  14. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Bucks
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    I know what you mean I got done doing 36 in a 30 mph zone went on a speed awareness course and brought up this very issue....Their advice is to slow right down put on your left indicator and if possible wave them past...I found it works and really makes them look like the idiot they are !!
    That's worth knowing, thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •