Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Tow bar - 2015 Sportbrake 3.0S Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_F View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I did see this on sale, I plan on visiting my tow bar guy soon, I had a brink fitted for 13 years on my Kia, but the rear of my Sportbrake S has a bit of a rear sporty valence thing going on so the witter fitting may be more beneficial, although reducing ground clearance at the rear when towing.

I am just wondering where you will tow a caravan that will be affected by ground clearance reduced by two inches? Stick to the downward loads on the tow-bar as specified by Jaguar (refer to handbook) and adjust as necessary. I have towed cabin cruisers up to 24 foot and not had any problem on uneven launching ramps and that includes the Porthmadog ramp and the Black Rock sands and also the very steep ramp at Pendine Sands. Good luck whichever way you go
    Jaguar X Type Sovereign 2007, 2.2D. Factory modified with Sport Premium lowered hardened suspension plus Proteus wheels and increased BHP. Colour Grey (LMR). Now 94640 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff L View Post
    I am just wondering where you will tow a caravan that will be affected by ground clearance reduced by two inches? Stick to the downward loads on the tow-bar as specified by Jaguar (refer to handbook) and adjust as necessary. I have towed cabin cruisers up to 24 foot and not had any problem on uneven launching ramps and that includes the Porthmadog ramp and the Black Rock sands and also the very steep ramp at Pendine Sands. Good luck whichever way you go
    Speed humps on site and the ferry have been mentioned as possible grounding issues, only what I read not experienced.
    Regards

Mark F

Driving a 2014 XF Sportbrake 3.0 Diesel S 25k miles black and a 2016 Mazda MX5 2.0 sportnav, when the wife lets me and I feel like slumming it.

In the warmer months the Ducati Monster 1200R gets to stretch it's legs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12