Thread: 95 celebration...passenger door locked closed and won't open.

Post Thanks / Like

95 celebration...passenger door locked closed and won't open.

Hi all,

As the title states, the door is locked shut and neither the key, nor the internal lock lever will open it.

I think the problem is with the internal controls. The key turns in the lock, but the internal lock lever can't be moved to the 'unlocked' position. Also door opening lever is pulled back (as if to open the door) and can't be pushed back.

Something has clearly become jammed inside.

Any advice/tricks on how I could in Jan the controls?

Cheers

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Passenger Door Jammed

Hi Paul, I hesitate to reply because I don't know if I can add value, but... I had a similar occurrence on my trunk, and it turned out that a plastic part that Jaguar had used in the unlatch mechanism had sheared (broken).

The way I was able to get in was to manually operate the linkage, but you won't like the solution - drilling a hole in the metal to access the linkage. This was OK on my problem (behind the license plate), but probably not a good solution for you.

I have an XJS Service manual, and can get the line diagrams of the mechanism up if that will help you. Let me know.

Rocky

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul sorry to hear of your troubles. I have had two issues that both sound a little similar to yourself.

1. Door lock - Mine was jammed but just wiggling the key and turning from locked position to unlocked continually for about a minute freed it up and unjammed the mechanism.
    2. Door well and truly jammed shut and locked. I manage to unlatch the door by winding down the window and gaining access through the gap. It was very tight and fiddly and I had to use a pick set (similar to this one https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...-pick-hook-set)

If I can I'll try and take some photos tomorrow to show you how I did this.

Good luck
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is he has gotten his door open, and he no longer needs us....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, its the worse part about forums... Often when the problem is solved the solution or outcome is never posted.

Still hopefully its all sorted now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he's now locked inside and can't get out?

7. Likes Rocky_USA liked this post