Thread: I pace

Post Thanks / Like

I pace

Had the pleasure of a ride in the all new I pace last week lucky me my son works for Jaguar what a brilliant car and goes like **** off a shovel I want one , well we can all dream (nothing wrong with that I hear you say) 60k + and a real 250 miles to a full charge .
    XJ 358 DIESEL pearl grey with ivory interior
    XE R Sport Black
    Audi Quattro TT V6 Black (now sold)
    Various motorcycles
    1 BMW RR 1000 Track Bike 😀

TIDE AND TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN.
    EVERY MANS A MASTER OF HIS OWN DESTINY.

2. Likes Jimbov8, #steve, MarkFY, Trooper, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and it's just won car of the year.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

4. Likes MarkFY, Trooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Had the pleasure of a ride in the all new I pace last week lucky me my son works for Jaguar what a brilliant car and goes like **** off a shovel I want one , well we can all dream (nothing wrong with that I hear you say) 60k + and a real 250 miles to a full charge .
    Totally agree with you there, when I drove it I was mightily impressed. It’s the best interior in the entire range too, which is why it’s being shared across the facelifted models. I still can’t believe that Jaguar beat all other premium manufacturers to releasing an EV bagging European car of the year with it too. A first for any Jaguar and well deserved.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

6. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping that I can keep the X351 long enough that the first iPaces will have depreciated enough to get into my price bracket!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told by an Ipace owner at Gaydon last weekend that it cost him roughly £10 in electricity to drive 200 miles.

I am surprised that 5p per mile is not strongly advertised.
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

9. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    I'm hoping that I can keep the X351 long enough that the first iPaces will have depreciated enough to get into my price bracket!
    How good will the batteries be by then? I fear that the resale value of electric cars could be very poor because their range by then will be very poor and replacement batteries comparatively expensive.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about Jaguar, but other car companies "rent" the batteries, so that when they die (or go below a certain capacity to maintain charge) they get replaced - this rental is not cheap, but is a lot more accessible than a multi-thousand new battery. Which ever way it is charged, though, battery replacement costs should be considered as part of the charging cost and included in the "mpg equivalence" and "pence per mile" calculations.

This does mean that Stagnite's "5p a mile" is not really representative - it is more likely to be closer to 20+p a mile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a trip to the airport in this today.
    Driver explained that there are 6 of these in their fleet and that the company had previously run Priuses.
    He said it's the only rival to a Tesla and that he can run all day long on a charge. Their company has "fast chargers" which will top up completely in a couple of hours.
    He questioned the Tesla "superchargers" claiming that tests showed that the batteries on a Tesla had deteriorated to 50% capacity after equivalent of 150,000km. Apparently a parallel test of a Tesla battery subjected to more gentle charging regime (20kW I think he said) was still at 91% of original capacity after 290,000km equivalent. The taxi driver seemed knowledgable and plausible to me.
    The car itself had phenomenal acceleration from rest and charged (sorry ) up to 120km/hr (and well beyond) easily. Sorry to say that my V8 prejudices took another hit in this experience - my head remains firmly in the sand, but my mind has been wakened to the possibility of great performance with an easy-to-live-with ownership experience. I'd still be concerned about the available range for my longer journeys, but my first i-Pace experience wont be forgotten quickly.
    2003 Super V8 SWB

13. Thanks Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, Ian D, Cris, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't trust that taxi driver too much - he appears to have got lost if he is in the north east of England.

15. Likes Super350 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol.
    I didn't check whether the Jag sat nav was included in all the updates since my car was built. Maybe not
    2003 Super V8 SWB