Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People found with a knife to get 10 years and using a knife 25 years in prison.

Post Thanks / Like

People found with a knife to get 10 years and using a knife 25 years in prison.

Petition: People found with a knife to get 10 years and using a knife 25 years in prison.

If a petition gets 10,000 signatures, the government will respond ... If a petition gets 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in Parliament.

If you want the Government to debate this here's the petition to sign.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233926
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    I used three knives yesterday, should I get 25 years? I used one to cut mushrooms, one to dice an onion and another to slice some rump steak.
    Anyone who cooks need to buy knives and when they do so they have to carry them from shop to home, they may even take them when going to self catering accommodation, all perfectly legitimate and legal. Likewise many people carry a small folding knife, useful for cutting frayed threads off carpet, freeing animals from discarded rope, fishing line etc.

Legislation born of a knee jerk reaction to knife crime runs the risk of making these, and other legitimate users of knives, criminals. We already have the legislation but we don't have the necessary assurance that those carrying knives, for other than legitimate purposes, will be caught and punished. What we need isn't more legislation, it is more police officers on the streets.

Start a petition for that and I'll sign it.

3. Likes Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree something has to be done but raising a petition with such severe punishments put forward is pointless. By all means raise a petition but make it reasonable .
    Jaguar XKR x150 Cabriolet 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Geoff as long as you have a reasonable excuse and are not carrying on your person ie in a bag or case you are ok with your transport of kitchen knives

and if you knead a knife for fishing or what ever you are allowed to have a 4 inch non fixed blade in your pocket again with a reasonable excuse of use
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

6. Likes Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the actual wording of a petition that important or is it just a mechanism to help decide whether further debate is required?
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    NO mention of who the people using knives are or why the Parents dont have any control over them. Why is the State responsible for the behaviour of Children (mostly) who have been brought up not to respect other people

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that some one carrying a knife more than once with the intention of stabbing some one should go straight to prison , no messing , the police have records of the people who have been caught carrying weapons, if they are told that they should not carry these weapons it will not stop them from doing so if they new that being caught carrying would mean going to jail they would think twice , only my 2 pennyworth
    3ltr Jaguar XFS portfolio Carnelian Red + 3 ltr xtype 4 x 4 estate British Racing Green
    http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...3/7J0C2546.jpg

10. Likes Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theres a big difference between a gang member carrying a machette on the street to a housewife or a trademan carrying a stanley knife in the course of work. Common sense has to prevail.
    Get them off the street .

12. Likes Flaktoaster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think with all the violent video games and films kids loose all touch with reality and killing someone means extra points and crashing a car can be put right with a restart button .
    Jaguar XKR x150 Cabriolet 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Geoff as long as you have a reasonable excuse and are not carrying on your person ie in a bag or case you are ok with your transport of kitchen knives

and if you knead a knife for fishing or what ever you are allowed to have a 4 inch non fixed blade in your pocket again with a reasonable excuse of use
    I am well aware of that but I think you missed my real point:

We already have the legislation but we don't have the necessary assurance that those carrying knives, for other than legitimate purposes, will be caught and punished. What we need isn't more legislation, it is more police officers on the streets.

15. Likes S-Type Owner, Lost it liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast