Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguar XE 240PS AWD Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I thought I'd share some additional info since my original post.

1. I noticed that the car does indeed pull away in second gear - if I use the paddles to go into manual, and then slow down the car automatically drops through the gears (it only does it when decelerating, not accelerating) until it hits second. When I come to a stop it stays in second. If I then paddle down to 1st gear it pulls away a lot better, and then I switch back to D.
    2. If I go into Sports mode, the car goes like a rocket! Lord knows what the fuel economy is (I haven't dared look) but will run a test over the coming weeks
    3. I've spotted an issue with the fuel gauge (the curved vertical bar version to the right of the centre display) in that it seems to go up and down at random. I parked the car the other day and it showed I had approx 78% fuel, based on the % display that shows briefly when I turn on/off the car, and the fuel bar was showing a little over 3/4 so pretty similar. When I got back in the next morning (the parking spot is pretty flat) the curved gauge was showing just under full. After a 12 mile trip (of easy, mainly motorway driving) the fuel gauge had dropped back to around 3/4 full. When I turned off the car the % was showing approx 74%. To me, the % display seems much more accurate than the curved fuel gauge, but I can't find a way to get it showing all the time (anyone?)

I ended up booking the car into the local Jaguar dealer as its still under warranty and they applied a software update yesterday saying that would fix things, so will report back on that as well.

Funnily enough, driving to the dealership I had to do a little more distance than my normal commute and had to go through an extended 50mph fixed speed zone and noticed that the trip MPG had gone up to 55.2 mpg! After a few miles of A-road stop/start traffic it had dropped to just under 50mpg, but it has at least assuaged some of my concerns about the fuel economy that is possible with the 240PS AWD Diesel .
    Last edited by deevo; 15-03-19 at 08:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deevo View Post
    Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Funnily enough, driving to the dealership I had to do a little more distance than my normal commute and had to go through an extended 50mph fixed speed zone and noticed that the trip MPG had gone up to 55.2 mpg! After a few miles of A-road stop/start traffic it had dropped to just under 50mpg, but it has at least assuaged some of my concerns about the fuel economy that is possible with the 240PS AWD Diesel .
    So, right foot dependent!!!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, and was never in any doubt about that

As I mentioned in my original post though, the Jaguar is very different to my Merc AMG 220d as in that I could get > 50mpg without even thinking about it (and still doing 70-80mph down the motorway) rather than having to dawdle along like an OAP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12