Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard anything about the new XJ? (I thought it was coming 2019)

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard anything about the new XJ? (I thought it was coming 2019)

Just wondered if anyone has heard anything about the new (X351 replacement) XJ?

As I've never really been a fan of the X351, and seeing that it's been kind of losing its Mo-Jo over the last few years; particularly with the removal of the 5.0 litre supercharged from the range... I have been really looking forward to the release of the next XJ for some time.

I've been a die hard Jaguar fan since my early teens, but I've been sad to see the current range has left that 'old gentleman' image behind, in favour of more modern designs that instead probably get all 'Hipsters' stroking their beards and flexing their tattoo sleeved arms in pleasure. That's all well and good, and I can "appreciate" a lot of the new designs. But they leave me a bit unexcited, and I'm slowly losing my passion for the brand, as there is no longer anything being sold to cover my tastes. As my career has progressed, and I'm finally getting to that that stage where I might be able to buy new instead of old, it's also a source of much disappointment...

I was hoping the new XJ might give all us traditionalists something to salivate over again.

I've heard it will be all electric... and I'm all for that, as I really have had enough of Diesels... but I've seen nothing on its styling. Has anyone else read/seen anything?

Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2004 BMW 730d (Daily workhorse)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: 1991 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, 1993 BMW 520i, 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

2. Thanks Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    ... seeing that it's been kind of losing its Mo-Jo over the last few years ...
    Ahem. Them's fighting words, young 'un.

... modern designs that instead probably get all 'Hipsters' stroking their beards and flexing their tattoo sleeved arms in pleasure...

... and as for them!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

4. Likes C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call me an old knob, i hate the disadvantages of EV's why not a hybrid, self charge!!!

Mazda has their new skyactiv engine that beats the crap out of EV's and ADAC did an emissions test on a new Clio and it was clean as anything..

Jag has lost it's original image, that's long gone..

Cars are just appliances now, can't see enthusiasts in 20-30yrs wanting to restore an all EV jag.

Depreciation will also be a *****, as it'll just cripple them they'll never rise in value!!

TBH I'd rather have the new Alfa Romeo quadrifoglio.
    Radiance Red Jaguar S type 3.0 - Fixed, I hope
    Monte Carlo Blue Range Rover 4.6 Vogue - Retired.

6. Likes C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are some nice cars on the current market - definitely some I think are future classics. I really like the XE, F-type and F pave.

They are just not my thing; I rather luxury limo's and grand tourers.
    Last edited by C16RKC; 08-03-19 at 20:09.
    Regards
    Chris Clark

Previous cars: 1991 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, 1993 BMW 520i, 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day , if somebody said " I'll meet you in the car park , I'll be in the Jaaaaaag "

No mistaking , you'd be looking for a car like mine , Rich's or Chris's old one , RIP ..........

These days !!! Well , you just wouldn't have a scooby-do what you were looking for
    2009 X358 LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 125k+ and going strong ......

9. Likes C16RKC, #steve, Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read the next xj will be built on a platform shared with the next generation of range rover.
    Powered by an electric motor at each wheel and possibly a 5 door body.

Chris, if you want a gentlemans express have you thought about a Bentley Arnage?
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen this 2018 prediction?

Source: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...t-coming-years

Nine new Jaguars to expect in the coming years

With electrification on the horizon for Jaguar's model range, we run down what the future holds for the brand.
    Here’s a summary of what will happen and when.

XE - Heading for renewal in 2021. Slow sales in Europe have been partly offset by better UK performance, but new long-wheelbase version for China will do most to make it successful.

XF - Original new-gen Jag sells slower than hoped, although Sportbrake (estate) helps in Europe. Like XE, performance of long-wheelbase model in China will be key. New model due 2022-2023.

F-Type - Admired for looks and dynamics, F-Type hasn’t pleased everyone with its pricing. New model due 2020 and some say it’ll have a new own-brand straight six. Hybrid has been promised.

F-Pace - Jag’s Porsche Macan fighter is two years old and selling strongly, notably in US. Next move will be a plug-in hybrid in 2019, around the time of a facelift. Full revision is in the plan for 2022-2023.

Opinion: the future of Jaguar starts now!

E-Pace - Smallest member of SUV family (above) is set to become its biggest seller, and drive profits, but there are lots of decent rivals. Market sector keeps growing, though. Next action is 2020 hybrid; mid-life tweak 2021-ish.

I-Pace - Big bet on all-electric tech for the future; certain to start a family but Jag won’t confirm that yet. Made by Magna Steyr in Austria for now but success would see it made in UK and possibly China and India too.

XJ - New all-electric expression of original Jag limo that was always a trend-setter. Due 2019. Probably also to be made by Magna because it’ll use I-Pace running gear and volume won’t be great.

J-Pace - Most luxurious of Jag’s SUV family will be lower and more road-focused than any Land Rover but will draw on Range Rover and Range Rover Sport for platform and running gear. Similar pricing.

XK - Possible reprise of famous coupé name could be a candidate for all-electric powertrain pioneered in I-Pace, using XJ saloon look and architecture. See it as what former XJC was to original XJ saloon.
    It sounds like it will be either very exciting, or the end of the XJ.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 09-03-19 at 13:55.

12. Likes Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondered if anyone has heard anything about the new (X351 replacement) XJ?

As I've never really been a fan of the X351, and seeing that it's been kind of losing its Mo-Jo over the last few years; particularly with the removal of the 5.0 litre supercharged from the range... I have been really looking forward to the release of the next XJ for some time.

I've been a die hard Jaguar fan since my early teens, but I've been sad to see the current range has left that 'old gentleman' image behind, in favour of more modern designs that instead probably get all 'Hipsters' stroking their beards and flexing their tattoo sleeved arms in pleasure. That's all well and good, and I can "appreciate" a lot of the new designs. But they leave me a bit unexcited, and I'm slowly losing my passion for the brand, as there is no longer anything being sold to cover my tastes. As my career has progressed, and I'm finally getting to that that stage where I might be able to buy new instead of old, it's also a source of much disappointment...

I was hoping the new XJ might give all us traditionalists something to salivate over again.

I've heard it will be all electric... and I'm all for that, as I really have had enough of Diesels... but I've seen nothing on its styling. Has anyone else read/seen anything?

Think you might need to go and find the latest, the last XJ X358 with the 4.2 Supercharged engine in the best condition possible and make her a keeper Chris, avoiding trees at all costs.
    It may be your best option me olde fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Ahem. Them's fighting words, young 'un.
    I'm kinda with Mac here Chris, I'll take it up with you in person in May

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

14. Likes Jimbov8, #steve, C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems I am going to have to keep being patient then... no news yet...

By the way, for those sensitive X351 owners, what I meant by the X351 losing its Mojo was the removal of the V8 from it's range. It's not quite a full range to compete with the Germans anymore.
    Regards
    Chris Clark

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get yourself one of these Chris.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

17. Likes Ashanti, JimC64, C16RKC liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast