Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost locking wheel nut (Well don't I feel like a complete dullard)

Post Thanks / Like

Lost locking wheel nut (Well don't I feel like a complete dullard)

Well, I've gone an lost my locking wheel nut.

What are my options? I really don't feel like drilling or welding.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.2 SE Diesel (2006)

It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright then it's not the end.

I'm dyslexic so please forgive me if I get my mucking words fixed up. Fully paid up member of DNA (National Dyslexics Association)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tyre fitting places like ATS etc usually have sets of keys.
    2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign.
    Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ

3. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know the code letter? If you do, flea bay may be your friend today.

Good luck.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

5. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These might help - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262546824328?ul_noapp=true
    And then replace all the nuts with 21mm solid Toyota ones! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Genui...s/181314125948
    2009 2.0D Sovereign Estate 70,000 mls, Ionian blue, Charcoal leather with cream piping & cream leaper logo on Headrests, Alpine premium sound,Sat nav, CD changer & ACM.100w/ 55w HID headlights, LED Fogs, LED indicators, EGR blanked. Blue calipers with Jag logo, front/rear Dash cams, Power fold mirrors on lock, Auto DRL/Fog changeover, Projector Puddle lights, Rear ashtray conv to USB/Aux, Andriod computer int to touchscreen c/w reverse/front cameras, Twin S/S back boxes, OAP.

7. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    im in the same boat, i missus threw hers away cause i left it in the cup holder, and she thought it was " a random chunk of metal"

jaguar will provide one for £70, i told them i only paid £80 for the wheels on hers,

the jag mechanic had a box of keys behind him, but wouldn't try them on without me buying a new kit first,

so i left out of principle.

EDIT: the £70 they told my missus, turned out to be just for a replacement key, they wanted £130 + VAT just to check what key it is
    Last edited by RageMonkey1989; 13-03-19 at 18:42.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

9. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tausney View Post
    These might help - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262546824328?ul_noapp=true
    And then replace all the nuts with 21mm solid Toyota ones! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Genui...s/181314125948
    the tool above is also a handy bit of kit if you round off a nut if they dont work and oldish socket that is just a bit smaller hammer it on then remove the nut
    2005 x type 2.0D estate sport in black

11. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are they OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket and you registered them after purchase with the vendor, you can get a replacement key from them e.g., McGard. Most Wheel/Tire shops have the necessary tools for removing them but you will need to purchase a new set afterwards.

Here's another "How To" video:
    Last edited by XMan2002; 11-03-19 at 21:59.
    2002 X-Type 2.5 V6
    Mina Inserts HID+LED+DRL Chrome Mirror Caps/Petrol Flap/Sleeves Clear Markers/Repeaters REMIN/RVINYL Carbon-Fiber Trim Facelift Plinth NGK Red Tail Tips H&R SS Sport Edition F10 17x8 Hankook 225x45ZR17 Ventus V12 Silver Calipers w/Decal Drilled/Slotted Rotors EBC/Red Stuff K&N 2-Tone GL Steering Wheel Cover Sheepskin Inserts Alum Pedals/Dead HR Leaper SP Lights Infotainment: iSimple TranzIt BLU HF Sony XDP-MU110 DSP 8-Speaker+JBL BassPro SL WiFi Dash-Cam Laser Radar Detector

13. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is any help, but I didn't lose mine but the the little pegs that fit in the slots broke off so wouldn't grip.
    Went to my local brakers yard and found one, not the correct one, but hammered it on and managed to undo it.
    Change the 4 to ordinary bolts.
    2007 x type 2.2d S 6 speed, 135 ,000 and climbing.

15. Likes set4d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWD3M View Post
    Do you know the code letter? If you do, flea bay may be your friend today.

Good luck.
    Sadly not. Three guesses who regrets not making a note of it.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.2 SE Diesel (2006)

It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright then it's not the end.

I'm dyslexic so please forgive me if I get my mucking words fixed up. Fully paid up member of DNA (National Dyslexics Association)

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be a long process but I'm happy to send you my 'L' to try, providing you send it back of course . Perhaps others might do the same?
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast