Hi all,
I've been cruising my S-Type with no troubles and loving it !
But she has developed some problems and I'm looking for guidance.
My pin-straight 2.7L Auto Deisel has just started playing up.

P0670 only code read by standard readers
ABS fault
DSC fault
and out of the blue gearbox fault (jolts when put in reverse)

I am sure the gearbox fault is not a serious mechanical issue and related to a sensor or maybe a gbox solenoid. Has anyone else been here?

P0670 in my case meant the after-glow phase was inoperative. This was solved by drying out the moisture I found in the main ECU/Engine connector block (PI41) where two of the glow plug module wires pass.

Realizing that standard OBD2 readers would give me no clues to these other faults and that I need to read on J2534 level.
I've acquired a clone mongoose pro and an old laptop now, had trouble with getting supplied new version of sdd to even install.

AT THIS POINT I MUST PAY HOMAGE TO TheMindBuddah WHOSE THREADS & LINKS HAVE ASSISTED ME TO INSTALL & RUN SDD.v130 IN VITUAL BOX ON UBUNTU OS.

SDD is not exactly user friendly and live in fear of the damage that can be done. I understand that a battery must be used when running SDD, Is this true ? Can a battery charger be attached instead ?
I need clues to help me fix these issues but dont want to cause irrepairable damage.

Can anyone help me identify the problems and where I need to focus my attention ?