Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nav upgrade error

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Olddog View Post
    Just took a trip to the JLR dealer. I seems that I have the wrong disc. My car has a build date of_2011, but it is registered 2012. I have a lot of x260 features and the disc player is the x260 model which didn't accept the previous model disc. The service consultant has spoken to the distributors and arranging to exchange for the later model.
    I think you are getting a tad mixed up with you models there.
    The X260 didn't come out until 2015 and yours is still an X250.
    Now whether it is the "classic" (from 2008 to 2011) or the "facelift" (from 2012 to 2015) is the $64,000 question, as yours seems to be around the time of the changeover, which IIRC was first built around late August 2011 but as a MY2012. Does yours have the slightly bulbous front lights (= classic) or the "slimline" style (= facelift)? The "facelift" changed from in boot satnav DVD to in dash hard drive, and I understand nav updates were via USB not DVD although I suspect for Oz they could/can be done via a DVD in the dash slot.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJagXFS View Post
    I think you are getting a tad mixed up with you models there.
    The X260 didn't come out until 2015 and yours is still an X250.
    Now whether it is the "classic" (from 2008 to 2011) or the "facelift" (from 2012 to 2015) is the $64,000 question, as yours seems to be around the time of the changeover, which IIRC was first built around late August 2011 but as a MY2012. Does yours have the slightly bulbous front lights (= classic) or the "slimline" style (= facelift)? The "facelift" changed from in boot satnav DVD to in dash hard drive, and I understand nav updates were via USB not DVD although I suspect for Oz they could/can be done via a DVD in the dash slot.
    As you are in Oz you will understand what a compliance plate is all about. My car has a 2011 compliance plate but a 2012 delivery. It has the in dash DVD player not in the boot, an has the later slimmer headlights. It is a 3lt petrol facelift model.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume by "exchanged for a later model" they mean they are going to send you a USB stick as that is how the NAV data is updated in these models. I'd be very surprised if a DVD would do it, though yes it does have a DVD player in the dash. That will be why you had "disk error" when you loaded the old one - it doesn't know what to do with a data disk, only a video one.
    The USB stick can't be cloned so it's an expensive option.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguar Navshop.com.au indicate that its a DVD, for disc 22 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmm. Wouldn’t work in mine.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is the facelift model it may have a DVD in the dash as does mine and its for p;laying music DVD's and has nothing to do with the Sat Nav. The DVD type Sat Nav had a dedicated DVD unit built into the Sat Nav unit in the boot. Your Sat Nav update would have to be via a USB or Memory stick unless Jaguar made a cross over Sat Nav ? They have made a few blunders but this seems unlikely more likely is a glitch in their info . If after buying the disc and its wrong why not take it along to your main dealer and tell them to sort it .
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idrobbo View Post
    As it is facelift I think you will find it is USB update then.
    If I recall correctly from previous discussions, the Australian satnav is different from the rest of the world for some reason (maybe a rights problem?)

It is also likely that an Australian Jaguar dealer knows more about the Australian market than us gifted amateurs in Europe. (well near Europe anyway)
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

8. Likes Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find any DVD player in my boot, there was one in the side of the boot in my X Type which was can stacker type. The only thing in the XF boot is the battery, and the get you home spare with the jack and brace etc. Perhaps you could point out where it usually is��

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Olddog View Post
    I can't find any DVD player in my boot, there was one in the side of the boot in my X Type which was can stacker type. The only thing in the XF boot is the battery, and the get you home spare with the jack and brace etc. Perhaps you could point out where it usually is��

You don't have one on the facelift XF it should be updated via the USB port in the arm rest. It seems illogical to me that jaguar over there are saying it is a CD update that should be earlier models only. I lived in Australia for 27 years until 2016 and must admit the Jaguar agents over there being multi franchise in the main were of little use on tech info. Perhaps it is a different unit over there that allows for update via the in dash CD player but I would have thought that unlikely.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this will probably sound an absolutely stupid idea but what does you handbook say.
    Jaguar XF Portfolio 3.0 litre Supercharged Petrol (63 Reg) in Italian Racing Red.
    Previously 2008 2.7 XF PL with all the extras.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast