Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.2 (Non-DPF) Diesel hesitance at 1700 rpm when on trailing/light throttle !!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again, as 'Billy2Jags' states 1700 rpm is when the turbo kicks in and if you are accelerating to above 1700 rpm little or no hesitation is felt, however when driving on urban roads the engine is forever passing through the 1700 rpm zone, this constant on/off/hesitation is most likely the cause of my cars 'turbo actuator' failure two weeks.
    Theory - by installing the blank plate with a 10 mm hole achieves two things 1) the hole as 'bugsb' suggests tricks the EGR so no engine management light, 2) the hole reduces the volume/pressure of gases flowing through the pipe just enough to reduce the harshness in the full on/full off signal to the 'turbo actuator'.
    I'm always open to anyone's ideas/theories.
    Regards, RichardA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richarda View Post
    Hello again, as 'Billy2Jags' states 1700 rpm is when the turbo kicks in and if you are accelerating to above 1700 rpm little or no hesitation is felt, however when driving on urban roads the engine is forever passing through the 1700 rpm zone, this constant on/off/hesitation is most likely the cause of my cars 'turbo actuator' failure two weeks.
    Theory - by installing the blank plate with a 10 mm hole achieves two things 1) the hole as 'bugsb' suggests tricks the EGR so no engine management light, 2) the hole reduces the volume/pressure of gases flowing through the pipe just enough to reduce the harshness in the full on/full off signal to the 'turbo actuator'.
    I'm always open to anyone's ideas/theories.
    Regards, RichardA

I dont have a blanking plate installed, or get any hesitation :/
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello 'RageMonkey1989', that's great to hear.
    This is the first time I've experienced it, however the families previous X-Types were both 2.0 diesels.
    Regards, RichardA

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do not have a blanking plate installed nor do I have hesitation.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 119K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    just to clarify by hesitation do you mean like it misfire, or do you mean you stamp on the pedal and nothing happens for what feels like an eternity?
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello 'RageMonkey1989', the 'hesitation' is best describe as similar to a series small 'misfires' normally between 1500 to 1800 rpm, most common when moving in urban traffic speeds between 30 and 45 mph in lower gears, (most likely the turbo actuator clicking in an out) once on the open road floor the gas pedal and it accelerates like a 'scalded cat', brilliant.
    Driven the car around today on a few short trips and all seems as it should be, will see what pans-out during the next week.
    Regards, RichardA

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds familiar....

try some zx1 and redex advance as per jagblacks suggestion to me.

fixed mine which would make me think your fault could be injector related
    2007 Silver X Type SE D (only 10 previous owners)
    2007 Toyota Avensis T180 (good in theory, poor in reality)
    2008 Citroen C2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello 'rob78', already checked 'injectors' 'fuel filter' 'fuel pressure' 'glow plugs' 'replaced turbo actuator' 'EGR clean' 'checked for hose leaks' plus many other things, the blanking plate with 10 mm hole is currently on test and appears to be working fine, only time will tell.
    Regards, RichardA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12