Thread: Sound Problems Locating the Amplifier in X type

Post Thanks / Like

Sound Problems Locating the Amplifier in X type

i have a 2007 X-Type 2.2 Diesel, Sovereign, Manual, had for 9 years, perfect car, but lately had a problem with the sound, no radio (just cracking) same cd player, no car phone, sat nav works, but on directions very faint hardly hear it,
    i'm told maybe the amplifier, please where can i find that? someone told me in the roof, others in the boot, but i at a loss, please someone help,,, also told if it is amplifier can cost £300 or more, i'm an OAP cant really afford that hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Just a little confused as to what you are asking about. The amplifier for the radio is in the left had boot area with the DVD for sat nav, cd changer etc.
    Please update your signature via the link below for future reference.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 120K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    hello thanks, first how can i find out if the amplifier is the fault? or can i?

and im newby how can i update my signature? thuis site is not easy to navigate

Post Thanks / Like
    ok i have located the amplifier, how do i check if there's a problem with it please?

because of cost cant just take a chance, do i?

Post Thanks / Like
    Check all connections.
    You can update your signature by clicking the UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE link below.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 120K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can take a pic of the amplifier and upload it here, then people can more easily diagnose what setup you have and how hard it is to fix or replace. If you say you've got sat nav then I presume you have the big touchscreen in your centre console, and that would mean you've also got the Premium sound package that goes with it. This uses a load of fibre-optic cables to link everything together, so it only takes one loose cable to knock out the sound to all four speakers. However, if you say that you can faintly hear the satnav then a loose cable is unlikely. Are you sure you haven't accidently muted the volume somehow, such as the steering controls?

In the case that you do need a replacement amplifier, you can pick up used original Jag ones for less than 50 quid if you look around.
    2004 X-Type 3.0 Executive Estate, Pacific Blue with Champagne Leather and CarPC install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all satnav based units have premium sound btw...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    Not all satnav based units have premium sound btw...
    I think he mentioned it is a Sovereign so premium sound should be fitted (unless it's not a real sovereign which open's another can of worms)
    Now - 2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0 petrol in Bluefire - Parking Assist Pack, heated screen.
    Had - 2008 - 2.2 Auto Sovereign Saloon - Genuine Sovereign Glacier Blue with heated screen, piped seats, Satnav, Premium Sound System, Jaguar Voice, Front and Rear Sensors, Walnut Steering Wheel and dash, Proteus 18" Wheels plus the dreaded DPF!!!!
    2003 2.5L SE - Ultraviolet.

9. Likes Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello 'notaclueyet', If it helps location of Jaguar X-Type Antenna 4 Door saloon Vehicles up to 2009MY -
    Roof pod antenna module - it can contain the following dependant on spec - DAB antenna only, GPS antenna only, DAB and GPS
    Left Hand 'C' pillar - AM/FM antenna amplifier connected to rear windscreen by two push-on connectors.
    Right Hand 'C' pillar - DAD/VICS antenna amplifier (VICS Japan Only) connected to rear windscreen by one push-on connector. (If fitted)
    Right Hand 'C' pillar - TV antenna connected by two push-on connectors (If fitted)
    The rear windscreen itself has wires running both horizontally and vertically to receive signals as well as 'heater elements).
    Regards, RichardA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltwen View Post
    I think he mentioned it is a Sovereign so premium sound should be fitted (unless it's not a real sovereign which open's another can of worms)
    Good point... But the extra amp only drives the sub woofer in the boot?
    So I would be checking the optic link connections.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....