Thread: Ids sdd

Post Thanks / Like

Ids sdd

I've found a seller on Ebay, who for £275 provides a PC & Mongoose lead set up with Iain Duncan Smith, and SDD pre loaded.

Now, bearing in mind my well documented issues with the XJ (where I may, or not need to reprogramme an ECU) and in addition to this a seat module that needs a reflash on the XK, I am extremely tempted to part with the cash and have a dedicated Jaguar PC at home.
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Given that ...

the original software was a free download
    the computer (and the system) doen't need to be an up-to-date one
    and
    even if the lead is a genuine one

that seems, to me, to be quite a lot to pay.

If you do decide to buy it then you should get the bendor to confirm whether the lead is a genuine one, or a Chinese knock-off (they have very poor reliability).
    "The jaguar is a compact and well-muscled animal." (Wikipedia on Panthera Onca)
    2008 XJ Sovereign 2.7 Tdvi,
    LWB, Sunroof, 19" Polaris, Botanical Green
    2008 Hyundai Getz 1.4
    Previous: 2004 Hyundai Getz; 1990 Merc 190E 2.6; 1987 Nissan Prairie ... 1954 Mk-C 197cc Bond Minicar

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patrick,

Perhaps you could give me a link for a genuine lead? And direct me to the free download?

In addition to this, from what little I have read, apparently the PC needs to be run on XP 32bit with service pack 3?

Where would I download Windows XP with service pack 3 from?

You appear to be more knowledgeable than myself on the matter. So some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Partick the Cat View Post
    Given that ...

the original software was a free download
    the computer (and the system) doen't need to be an up-to-date one
    and
    even if the lead is a genuine one

that seems, to me, to be quite a lot to pay.

If you do decide to buy it then you should get the bendor to confirm whether the lead is a genuine one, or a Chinese knock-off (they have very poor reliability).

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine from here a few years ago: http://britishdiagnostics.co.uk/prod...-sdd-v130-kit/

Price has gone up since but comes with a cable and an XP virtual machine image with SDD installed ready to run on any PC. I must admit my cable did fail shortly after receiving but they quickly replaced it with a new one.

Cheers,
    Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

5. Thanks Thomas Hayward thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ben,

Thanks for that, greatly appreciated!

So if I understand you correctly, I can run this virtual machine image on my existing Windows 10 Laptop?

Cheers
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    I bought mine from here a few years ago: http://britishdiagnostics.co.uk/prod...-sdd-v130-kit/

Price has gone up since but comes with a cable and an XP virtual machine image with SDD installed ready to run on any PC. I must admit my cable did fail shortly after receiving but they quickly replaced it with a new one.

Cheers,
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    So if I understand you correctly, I can run this virtual machine image on my existing Windows 10 Laptop?
    Yes that's correct (I do exactly that).

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

8. Thanks Thomas Hayward thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Ben, I have ordered.

If it sorts the passenger seat issue on my XK, it will have almost paid for itself in one hit (I was quoted £70).

Cheers
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    Yes that's correct (I do exactly that).

Ben
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic