Thread: Help running a cable back to frontplease.

Post Thanks / Like

Help running a cable back to frontplease.

So.. Loads of threads.. But I'd like us to consolidate here please. This is for a product I find exciting that I'll fully document in another project thread later.

So I need a cable from the boot to the over head light console please.
    Over to you.. Photos would really help where appropriate.
    regards Stephen

(X Type - Ultraviolet - 2004 2.5S Manual 87000 miles. Sports pack, Premium audio & Satnav)
    (Planned: Cruise control. Autofold mirrors. Reversing camera. Heated washers. Drive the H*ll out of it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a wire coathanger to feed a new aerial lead across my estate roof, worked a treat. Just watch out for airbags.
    2005 2.0D SE, stage 1 remap, EGR blank, remote fold mod, tailgate auto lift mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you run it down the Apillar? Is there room for the equivalent of 2 tv cable size wires?
    regards Stephen

(X Type - Ultraviolet - 2004 2.5S Manual 87000 miles. Sports pack, Premium audio & Satnav)
    (Planned: Cruise control. Autofold mirrors. Reversing camera. Heated washers. Drive the H*ll out of it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. From the centre rear of the roof to the A pillar then down. It was a while ago but I can't remember cable size and space being an issue I needed to consider when I did it, and there were two aerial cables with connectors to run.
    If you're not in a rush I'm rewiring the dashcam next week so I can see what cable room is like down the A pillar and try it for size with a couple of lengths of TV coax.
    2005 2.0D SE, stage 1 remap, EGR blank, remote fold mod, tailgate auto lift mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen44 View Post
    Did you run it down the Apillar? Is there room for the equivalent of 2 tv cable size wires?
    Had a proper look today, there seems to be plenty of room to run coax x2 alongside the multitude of other cables in the A pillar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner69 View Post
    Yep. From the centre rear of the roof to the A pillar then down. It was a while ago but I can't remember cable size and space being an issue I needed to consider when I did it, and there were two aerial cables with connectors to run.
    If you're not in a rush I'm rewiring the dashcam next week so I can see what cable room is like down the A pillar and try it for size with a couple of lengths of TV coax.
    Ty... Good news
    regards Stephen