Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar s type replacement engine

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar s type replacement engine

Hello .
    I have a 3.0 v6 manual sport 2004 s type and long story short I need a new engine. have looked online and scoured Ebay but everything seems to be pre 2002 witch I have been told I can not use. I can tell the plenum chamber is different just by looking but also read that they made some changes to the 2003 plus models. And obviously I want the right engine so does any one know a reputable place that sources good engines with a warranty? Links and info would be much appreciated. I'm very bored of driving the van every where please help 😂
    Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    2004...Sport:

Your location might be helpful...
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Brighton but I assumed since everything is online and delivers it didn't really matter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004 s type sport View Post
    I live in Brighton but I assumed since everything is online and delivers it didn't really matter
    Given the weight of them, engines are typically delivered by freight carriers, as opposed to package delivery firms. Also, the forum is international. There are many 2003+ engines listed for sale on eBay and other on-line sources here in the States, but that won't help you in GB as the freight charges (and transit period) would be significant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah I didn't think about it being an international forum �� I'm happy to drive and pick up an engine any way. I was browsing the other day and saw some one link a place that supplies good engines but I cant find the thread again so was hoping the same bloke would be floating about and see this.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many 2002.5+ S Types under £1000, often with MoT, so if you have or can get space isn't that better, and sell on the shell?

7. Likes S-Type Owner, 2004 s type sport liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As you have got a manual sport.

This will be of interest to you.

Of these 285 were RHD and 391 were LHD.

Best wishes,

Ms. Faye McLeod
    Archivist

Jaguar Heritage Trust Archive
    British Motor Museum
    Banbury Road
    Gaydon
    Warwickshire
    CV35 0BJ

thank you for your email.

There were 676 S-type Sport 3.0L manual cars produced between 2001 and 2006 calendar years (2002 - 2007 in model years).

Best wishes,

Ms. Faye McLeod
    Archivist

Jaguar Heritage Trust Archive
    British Motor Museum
    Banbury Road
    Gaydon
    Warwickshire
    CV35 0BJ

These are the rarest of the S types produced.

What is the problem with your engine because it may be worth you rebuilding it rather than exchanging it.

I know what I would do as it is unknown how many exist now and they are getting rarer. Mine has been appraised so that my insurance company cannot give me the standard payment to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello thank you for the replies Jim I'm a little hard up on cash at the moment so dont really have a G to drop on a car I'm waiting to be paid for a few jobs I finished ages ago �� and to summon I've had it stripped down a bit but it sounded like a tapper noise that got louder and louder and is now followed by the occasional bang sort of noise I got a quote for a rebuild and I just dont have the money realistically but thanks for that info about how many where produced ect

Post Thanks / Like
    Managed to get an engine for £420 icl VAT and delivery so in pretty happy with that it's out of a manual as well. I'm going to keep the original engine and have it rebuilt when I get some money and il stick that back in at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a pretty good price on the engine. How many miles are on it?

I am surprised that you need a replacement though, as the V6 has a pretty "bulletproof" reputation.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast