Thread: F type R exhaust and badges

Post Thanks / Like

F type R exhaust and badges

Hi Folks

Just got myself an F Type R awd 2015 with only 6000 miles on the clock ....amazing bit of kit.

Had the car detailed and some new Black Chrome badges fitted to stealth out the front and rear. (see pictures below)

Next is a new exhaust, i have seen the Quicksilver but it doesn't have 'active' exhaust valves so wondered if an SVR titanium exhaust might fit ?

Anyone know whether its a straight fit or whether it needs bodywork mod's ? Appreciate any other feedback on aftermarket exhausts

Great forum by the way !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3515.jpg   IMG_3493.jpg   IMG_3498.jpg   IMG_3499.jpg   IMG_3501.jpg  

IMG_3503.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    The SVR exhaust is a lot different to the R exhaust.
    The SVR exhaust has two separate back boxes/mufflers each mounted north/south (just like most "normal" cars) whereas the R has a single large box mounted east/west.
    I suspect it won't fit without some major mods to the mounting brackets and hangers, and maybe to the rear valance as well.
    Last but not least good luck finding one that won't cost you a small fortune even if you could find one at all (a used one on eBay might be your best bet).
    A new one from a dealership will cost a squillion!
    See this parts diagram for the SVR exhaust: https://parts.jaguarreno.com/v-2017-...ust-components
    The supposed list price for EACH muffler is over $7,000 US so $14,000 US the pair, and who knows how many other parts you will need.
    Even if you sourced all the necessary parts there in the UK and paid a garage to fit them I doubt you would have any change out of 15,000 GBP.

Edit - after looking at that parts diagram again it's fairly obvious that a host of parts would be required and I now reckon you would not see any change from 20,000 GBP.
    Last edited by OzJagXFS; 26-03-19 at 02:21.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks OzJagXFS for your comprehensive reply

Still paying for the car ..... i'd need to rob a bank to go down this route !!

SO, anyone any experience of other exhausts ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDiggerR View Post
    Thanks OzJagXFS for your comprehensive reply

Still paying for the car ..... i'd need to rob a bank to go down this route !!

SO, anyone any experience of other exhausts ???
    Your best bet is to head on over to the US F-Type forum here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/
    Much much more F-Type action on that forum including some UK members, and plenty of talk about after-market exhaust systems. Also check out the Velocity AP threads, they have a number of after-market systems for sale. They also have a UK distributor - David Appleby Engineering - where you can source a VAP system.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend has the Quicksilver system on his R. Certainly sounds impressive in person, video does not do justice! Not sure what it is like to live with though...

Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear tyres - 116,000 miles, 12.89 @ 107.2mph

BMW M6 Coupe V10, Saphire Black on Black Merino Leather, Alcantara Headliner- 26,000 miles

Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Alec
    Im really tempted with the quicksilver as i have been to their office in Guilford, just need to find a discount code somewhere anyone seen a group buy for the Quicksilver systems ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Escolme View Post
    My friend has the Quicksilver system on his R. Certainly sounds impressive in person, video does not do justice! Not sure what it is like to live with though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you buy your black chrome badges? Was considering changing mine. Either black chrome or gloss black. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Chrome badges

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Ivy View Post
    Where did you buy your black chrome badges? Was considering changing mine. Either black chrome or gloss black. Thanks.
    Hi Poison Ivy

Scott at Reforma UK in Bradford, sorted this for me. He sourced the original badges locally and got their 'man' to black chrome. Their service was superb and done to a very tight timescale as my car was at the detailers being ceramic coated and i wanted the detail shop to fit them.
    Not cheap, but you get what you pay for and they look so much better than standard chrome or black versions.

Im sure you can get a local paint shop to do this for you stateside !