Thread: E-pace SIM card

Post Thanks / Like

E-pace SIM card

what is the best SIM card to get for my July 2018 E-Pace- very difficult to remove old card.
    Seems a very expensive way of getting traffic updates on the Sat Nav compared to my Mercedes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Post moved to the correct section... mmm E-Pace section
    Rory - Jaguar Forum Administrator - Help Support the Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the O2 sim prepaid with 12GB of data valid for 12 months. It works well in UK but it doesn't work abroad. No roaming basically (which I'm not sure it's entirely legal, as there should be no differences between EU countries...).

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone else got some suggestions for what to use here? Husband needs a data sim but don't want contracts.

I have seen on another forum this Three sim recommended: https://www.tigermobiles.com/blog/th...ta-reward-sim/ where you get 200mb free per month.

Has anyone used that with success in their E-Pace? Don't want to pay £10 for a sim that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gpaolo79 View Post
    I have the O2 sim prepaid with 12GB of data valid for 12 months. It works well in UK but it doesn't work abroad. No roaming basically (which I'm not sure it's entirely legal, as there should be no differences between EU countries...).
    That is strange. Did you ever find a fix? We would need data to work in France.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate8 View Post

That is strange. Did you ever find a fix? We would need data to work in France.
    It is strange indeed, and as I mentioned I don't think it is completely legal either, as it goes against the rules for roaming in EU -not that it will matter much in the future, apparently...
    But it is in the conditions of the SIM, it says that it can't be used abroad. So no, no fix on that. You just need another one.
    Have you considered buying a SIM in France? I know in Spain Simyo is quite good and very cheap. Maybe there is something similar over there, mobile phone in UK is quite expensive for a very limited service.

6. Thanks Kate8 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a 12 month 3 data SIM, with 12GB preloaded onto it for £27.95. So cheap and lasts me the year too quite easily, after the year is up I just buy another one.

My XE has the exact same system pro system.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-with-12gb-data.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQj wjYHpBRC4ARIsAI-3GkHloGn9OwlaQRy0eXDUZPJCNG7yBt-gao3toeAR00InDRu0BUngGwAaAqY2EALw_wcB
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide