Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Langley Castle run / meet with Gentlemans afternoon tea Sunday 14th July

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie were going to be camping at Theobalds Park camp site in Hertfordshire and the Jaag will be towing our trailer tent. The grandson loves it.
    Well defo need to work out the best way to get into the town as we are taking Dillan to see the Red Bull Soapbox Challenge on the Sunday.
    We also have Silverstone in August for the MotoGP so a fair amount of miles will be put under the old girls belt!
    2005 Sport Premium X350, Black on Black with aluminium trim.
    Complete with rear Entertainment, touch screen and Premium sound with ACM Ive even rigged up a UHF converter to use front TV.
    19 customs.
    123456 miles and counting.

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never fear Glenn, that’s what they were built for.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I cant think of a better place to do it Jim. 😀
    Complete with rear Entertainment, touch screen and Premium sound with ACM Ive even rigged up a UHF converter to use front TV.
    19 customs.

5. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    Eddie we’re going to be camping at Theobalds Park camp site in Hertfordshire and the Jaag will be towing our trailer tent. The grandson loves it.
    We’ll defo need to work out the best way to get into the town as we are taking Dillan to see the Red Bull Soapbox Challenge on the Sunday.
    We also have Silverstone in August for the MotoGP so a fair amount of miles will be put under the old girls belt!
    If you are going in to the Smoke ( not so bad these days ) most of us are priced out of London, it's easy.

You are on the doorstep of Waltham Cross which won't be far on the train in to London, then underground to suit.
    2009 , X358 LWB , 2.7 TtcrdiV6 , Liquid Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    If you are going in to the Smoke ( not so bad these days ) most of us are priced out of London, it's easy.

You are on the doorstep of Waltham Cross which won't be far on the train in to London, then underground to suit.
    Ill try keep that in mind. Were not there that often so prepared for over priced everything.
    Im sure Dillan will have a ball though which is the main thing.
    19 customs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    I’ll try keep that in mind. We’re not there that often so prepared for over priced everything.
    I’m sure Dillan will have a ball though which is the main thing.
    I will be interestedto lookat your Car. I recently bought an 06 Sport in black but its needing a bit of work only 80k and two owners but not loved

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    You need to sort your diary out better Jim, I have just got back from Bridgend ....... so near but so far.

I'll hazard a guess that you are visiting Hanson or CEMEX ? not much else around Pontypridd that i recall.

Some very nice roads down in Wales, probably similar to many around your neck of the woods.
    Lol all of the above Eddie with a little Agg Ind
    thrown in for good measure at Neath

Leaving shortly, so a nice gentle drive down should see me there around 7am, maybe a little later depending on how things go. The car's already looking the worse for wear and more than a few hundred miles plus some quarries will do her no good at all unfortunately.
    I'll have my work cut out for me to get her tidied up in time for Langley Castle what with everything else going on

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    I will be interestedto lookat your Car. I recently bought an 06 Sport in black but its needing a bit of work only 80k and two owners but not loved
    Well Im down for 5 days, so Im sure we could arrange something while Im there. I think I was very lucky with mine. It has had some bits n pieces done in the past 2 years, but nothing that I wouldnt class as excessive all things considered and shes reasonably clean.
    19 customs.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122