Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Langley Castle run / meet with Gentlemans afternoon tea Sunday 14th July

Post Thanks / Like

Langley Castle run / meet with Gentlemans afternoon tea Sunday 14th July

Hi all, I haven't done Crieff this year, but had always planned to setup a few smaller run / meet events later in the year and so here we are tentatively at the moment.

Way back in July 2017 we had a great run to Haydon Bridge, stopping off at Langley Castle for a photoshoot, which was beautiful, we were lucky and had a great day for it too.

We stopped for a photoshoot and agreed to have a run there at some point, well I think this may now be some point.
    The provisional plan is as follows...…

The date is locked in for Sunday 14th July 2019
    The plan is to meet at KFC, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HW which is just off Jctn 40 of the M6 Link
    We'll be looking to meet there at 10.00am and congregate, gathering the convoy together in preparation for the run

We'd be leaving KFC at 10.30 am for the run. The designated route will be along the A686 from Penrith with the ultimate destination being Langley Castle hotel. The Castle offers a choice of traditional afternoon tea / confectioners afternoon tea, or, wait for it...….Gentleman's afternoon tea! ( quite suitable for a Jaguar owner don't you think? )
    The prices are from £14.50 - £19.50 and so a little more expensive, but, you and your Jag are worth it.

The route is the A686, A road worthy of driving allegedly, see here...... www.drivingroads.co.uk/hartside-pass-a686

"The actual Hartside Pass is only small part of this route, but the whole of the A686 is an excellent road to drive, so why just stop at once you have done the pass, complete the whole road and have a huge smile on your face after getting to the A69 near Hexam."

There'll be no prizes or raffles as per Crieff, just a plain ole run / meet event with lots of craic / banter
    The route takes around an hour which should see us at the Langley Castle Hotel for around 11.30pm there or thereabouts, with lunch starting at around 12pm

I've had an initial conversation with receptionist ( awaiting call back from Elaine, the duty manager of the hotel ) and she reckons on spaces for around 20 cars, but may be able to accommodate more.

So basically a run to the gathering point, then a convoy to the meet point along some good driving roads, lunch followed by some craic and a little banter, putting faces to names, some veteran meet attendees and some new ones possibly.

The road is awesome, the Castle stunning and the food looks great, throw in some sunshine ( hopefully ) and 20+ Jags and owners, could be another great day!!
    The last run in 2017 we had fun on the way there, but oh so so much better on the return leg

Anyone up for it, please add your name to the list below and pm with your name, car details and mobile contact number. As usual I'll send text updates with info etc in the run up to the event on the day.

1. JimC64 XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB +1
    2. Ashanti XJ X350 SuperV8 +1
    3. JimboV8 XKR
    4. FastEddie X358 LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver
    5. JohnandhisJags XK
    6. S Collins
    7. DaveRichardson 2006 XK
    8. DavidCumbria 2004 XJ8
    9. Steve XF 3.0D Premium Luxury +1
    10.Glenn65 XJ X350 +2
    11.Danny Laverty XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio +1
    12.Ross Craig XJ X308 +1
    13.Steve Chisholm XE 2.0D +1

Cheers
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes C16RKC, Fletch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in Jim! (Thought it was going to clash, phew!)
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80,200mls Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/rear cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    Count me in Jim! (Thought it was going to clash, phew!)
    Superb Mark, you're in mate

Jim

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes MarkFY, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I haven't done Crieff this year, but had always planned to setup a few smaller run / meet events later in the year and so here we are tentatively at the moment.

Way back in July 2017 we had a great run to Haydon Bridge, stopping off at Langley Castle for a photoshoot, which was beautiful, we were lucky and had a great day for it too.

We stopped for a photoshoot and agreed to have a run there at some point, well I think this may now be some point.
    The provisional plan is as follows...…

The date is locked in for Sunday 14th July 2019
    The plan is to meet at KFC, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HW which is just off Jctn 40 of the M6 Link
    We'll be looking to meet there at 10.00am and congregate, gathering the convoy together in preparation for the run

We'd be leaving KFC at 10.30 am for the run. The designated route will be along the A686 from Penrith with the ultimate destination being Langley Castle hotel. The Castle offers a choice of traditional afternoon tea / confectioners afternoon tea, or, wait for it...….Gentleman's afternoon tea! ( quite suitable for a Jaguar owner don't you think? )
    The prices are from £14.50 - £19.50 and so a little more expensive, but, you and your Jag are worth it.

The route is the A686, A road worthy of driving allegedly, see here...... www.drivingroads.co.uk/hartside-pass-a686

"The actual Hartside Pass is only small part of this route, but the whole of the A686 is an excellent road to drive, so why just stop at once you have done the pass, complete the whole road and have a huge smile on your face after getting to the A69 near Hexam."

There'll be no prizes or raffles as per Crieff, just a plain ole run / meet event with lots of craic / banter
    The route takes around an hour which should see us at the Langley Castle Hotel for around 11.30pm there or thereabouts, with lunch starting at around 12pm

I've had an initial conversation with receptionist ( awaiting call back from Elaine, the duty manager of the hotel ) and she reckons on spaces for around 20 cars, but may be able to accommodate more.

So basically a run to the gathering point, then a convoy to the meet point along some good driving roads, lunch followed by some craic and a little banter, putting faces to names, some veteran meet attendees and some new ones possibly.

The road is awesome, the Castle stunning and the food looks great, throw in some sunshine ( hopefully ) and 20+ Jags and owners, could be another great day!!
    The last run in 2017 we had fun on the way there, but oh so so much better on the return leg

Anyone up for it, please add your name to the list below and pm with your name, car details and mobile contact number. As usual I'll send text updates with info etc in the run up to the event on the day.

1. JimC64 XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB +1
    2. Ashanti XJ X350 SuperV8 +1
    3. JimboV8 XKR
    4. FastEddie X358 LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver
    5. JohnandhisJags XK
    6. S Collins
    7. DaveRichardson 2006 XK
    8. DavidCumbria 2004 XJ8
    9. Steve XF 3.0D Premium Luxury +1
    10.Glenn65 XJ X350 +2
    11.Danny Laverty XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio +1
    12.Ross Craig XJ X308 +1
    13.Phil Goldrick XE 2.0D +1
    14.MarkFY X type Sport 2.5 AWD

Total cars 14
    Total attendees 22

Cheers
    Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; 08-04-19 at 12:47.

Wife's_X_type

8. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Jim,
    I should be ok for this one, please could you add me +2?
    Thanks
    Simon
    2003 Super V8 SWB

10. Likes C16RKC, Ashanti, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Jim,

Can you provisionally add me to the list + 1

Will most probably be in the XKR

Also would it be possible to maybe meet you at Hartside, rather than drive across to Penrith

Thanks

Stuart
    Stu

Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible (2010)

Jaguar XF 3.0d portfolio (2011)

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC, Ashanti, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those who still want something to do on the 30th of June

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=109126

https://www.fyldevintageandfarmshow.co.uk/

Over 500 Vintage & Classic Vehicles, plus a new class for Garden Tractors

Large Beer Tent with Entertainment

XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

14. Thanks MarkFY thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY, C16RKC, Ashanti, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As always with your events Jim - incredible scenery and a fantastic day out - one day, one day I will persuade the family to make a trip up for this.. we still have a trip to the highlands on the backburner
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jaguar S-Type 2.7TD SE 2007
    89,000 miles - Purchased April 2017
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998
    75,000 miles - Purchased April 2015, sold February 2017
    Jaguar X-Type 2.5 Classic (manual 5sp. all wheel drive) 2002

110,000 miles, Purchased Sept 2012, Sold Oct 2016

Jaguar XJ8 Sport 3.2 1998

190,000 miles - Purchased March 2012, Engine overheated July 2012

16. Likes C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    14th July.... That's my son Aston's 1st birthday Jim!

Nice to see you have arranged something to celebrate his day!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

18. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY, Ashanti, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this thread live, it was closed 5 minutes ago.

Lord Delete getting too trigger happy?

My brain hurts
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    F Pace 19" Bionic Alloys
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

My Showroom Thread

Issues, Fixes & Mods Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

20. Likes JimC64, C16RKC, Jimbov8 liked this post
Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast