Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows xp download anyone??

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it will install or start without the all-important product key. You're correct about online activation though - you're given 30 days (from memory) before it locks you out. Don't make assumptions about the date either, because it remembers, and won't go backwards in time.
    2008 XJR + sun roof + soft leather + ACC + retrofit: burr walnut interior trim
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    2007 X-Type 3.0 SP Auto + retrofit: walnut dash & gear knob + rear sill protectors + mudflaps + Al powerwash crucifers + memory powerfolds

"Life's too short for touchscreens - give me lots of nice buttons to press"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner69 View Post
    With XP you won't need to put in the code (just skip it) or activate it as you'll be resetting the date each time you start windows so it will stay in the trial mode.
    Depends what the "source" you installed from is.

Some OEM ones let you get to a working state before you need to enter the code, but others it is part of the core install and you can't get to the actual OS if you haven't put it in yet...

Regards

TMW
    Black 2001 3.0 V6 SE Auto
    Lots of miles covered - many more still to do...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticdan View Post
    Thanks guys for all your help. Ive managed to get a good xp pro service pack 3 download. Now to get the software sorted. Fingers crossed i can find a driver for the mongoose that works🤞
    As per my response earlier... if you go with the Virtual install you can 1) install it on any laptop, even a current Windows 10 laptop, 2) you don't need to worry about config or drivers 3) it just works.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto 2002MY 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android, parking sensors and front/rear cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwsccsh View Post
    Depends what the "source" you installed from is.

Some OEM ones let you get to a working state before you need to enter the code, but others it is part of the core install and you can't get to the actual OS if you haven't put it in yet...

Regards

TMW
    All genuine OEM Windows XP Home/Pro installation media will let you bypass the product key input and give you 30 days to input a legit product key and activate windows (not an issue with a time reset batch file running on startup). Some VL media won't let you progress beyond the licence input screen. In my experience genuine VL copies of XP are very very rare in home user hands
    2005 2.0D SE, stage 1 remap, EGR blank, remote fold mod, tailgate auto lift mod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12