Thread: F-Type R optional rear spoiler

Post Thanks / Like

F-Type R optional rear spoiler

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3192A2B5-ABB6-494B-B80B-CE97964AC19F.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	30249 Hi all, my first post to the forum. I’ve purchased this original rear spoiler off eBay, unfortunately it didn’t come with the fitting kit, JLR won’t sell me a kit separately unless I purchase the complete package. Does anybody know how to get hold of one of these kits or know of a way to fit it without the original fitting kit. Thanks Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if that spoiler is a direct replacement for the stock spoiler, but if it is (and it looks like it could be) and you have a coupe not a 'vert then check out this post of mine over on the US forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post1614196
    It explains the procedure for removing the rear spoiler, and replacing it is simply the same steps in reverse.
    Come to think of it I can't see why the same procedure wouldn't also work on a 'vert.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJagXFS View Post
    I don't know if that spoiler is a direct replacement for the stock spoiler, but if it is (and it looks like it could be) and you have a coupe not a 'vert then check out this post of mine over on the US forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post1614196
    It explains the procedure for removing the rear spoiler, and replacing it is simply the same steps in reverse.
    Come to think of it I can't see why the same procedure wouldn't also work on a 'vert.
    That’s a coupe rear fixed spoiler, ragtop has a full width spoiler.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    That’s a coupe rear fixed spoiler, ragtop has a full width spoiler.
    Yep, I forgot that bit!
    Increases the odds that the procedure I linked to will work for the OP.
    And being a fixed spoiler he will need to disable the raise/lower function just like I did (which is what my post is really about anyway).

5. Thanks lsabin73 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that link, very useful.
    I just needed to know if this direct replacement spoiler for the coupe, can it be fitted by adapting the original deployable mechanism or will I have to locate the correct fitting kit that should have been with the spoiler when I purchased it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lsabin73 View Post
    Thanks for that link, very useful.
    I just needed to know if this direct replacement spoiler for the coupe, can it be fitted by adapting the original deployable mechanism or will I have to locate the correct fitting kit that should have been with the spoiler when I purchased it.
    I don't know what you mean by "the correct fitting kit", so the only way you can tell for now is to remove your existing spoiler and see if the new one will or won't bolt straight up.
    Maybe the new spoiler has a different bolt pattern and the "fitting kit" is an adapter plate plus maybe more/different bolts.
    Have a look at the underside of the new spoiler and see if it has the same bolt pattern as the OEM spoiler - two bolt holes at each end about 3 cm apart vertically and about 10 cm in from each end.