Thread: XK Rattles from rear passenger trim?

Post Thanks / Like

XK Rattles from rear passenger trim?

Hi Everyone,

just recently i have developed what sounds like something loose in the rear passenger trim, but only when i turn hard to the right.

just wondered if anyone knows how to remove the trim and also the main door trim as it rattles a bit in there too.

Thanks in advance
    4.2 Coupe Nov 2007 Silver 20'' Senta Alloy Wheels,Alpine Dolby Pro Logic 525-watt surround sound system,Enhanced Computer Active Technology Suspension,Adaptive Front Lighting-AFL,Cruise Control & ASL,Rear Lip Spoiler,Exterior electrochromic door mirrors,power adjustable and heated with memory function,Door Mounted Puddle Lights, Rain Sensor Wipers, Front & Rear Park Sensors with Visual Aid,Seats with 10-way electric adjustment including 2-way variable lumbar, variable heating

Post Thanks / Like
    The door trim has two torque screw heads in the arm rest and one on the door edge, numerous plastic clips round the edge of the panel .when these are free the panel needs to go up to release the panel from the bottom of the window
    hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply
    4.2 Coupe Nov 2007 Silver 20'' Senta Alloy Wheels,Alpine Dolby Pro Logic 525-watt surround sound system,Enhanced Computer Active Technology Suspension,Adaptive Front Lighting-AFL,Cruise Control & ASL,Rear Lip Spoiler,Exterior electrochromic door mirrors,power adjustable and heated with memory function,Door Mounted Puddle Lights, Rain Sensor Wipers, Front & Rear Park Sensors with Visual Aid,Seats with 10-way electric adjustment including 2-way variable lumbar, variable heating

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar issue, although in my case passenger side is on the right side of the car. The trim was loose at the very top, and after dismantling the rear seats to get a better look (easy, all the leather bits are just clipped in), I found that the trim piece wasn't attached to the clips. To pry the wall apart a bit, I think there were some bolts that were only accessible after dismantling the seats. I did not remove the front seat anchor! See the service manual (HUGE PDF) for more information.

Here's a photo of the left side, which was alright, which I took to see how it's supposed to sit there:

Quite a lot of empty space in there...

Getting the clip to slide into the slot was quite difficult, but in the end I prevailed and it's stayed put since.
    2007 XK 4.2 - Liquid Silver & Charcoal
    Ex:
    2001 X-Type 2.5 SE - Platinum, Dove & Granite

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for your reply very helpful indeed. 4000page PDF i see what you mean

Thanks again I'll probably have a go over the Easter weekend.