Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PCV valve

Post Thanks / Like

PCV valve

Hi does my 2002 2.5MY have a PCV valve i cannot find it in the manual i have and cannot see one

Cheers
    Dave
    2002.5 2.5 V6 S-type silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Deal with one problem at a time!

We are still waiting for the fuel trims.😎😎

Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot do fuel trims at this time waiting on some bits, read that the PCV can be a sourse of vac leaks that is why I want to check it is all okay

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Deal with one problem at a time!

We are still waiting for the fuel trims.

Post Thanks / Like
    I expect it does, check parts places / workshop manual.

If you plan to change it in hope, that approach could get very expensive.
    Last edited by 04str; 22-04-19 at 14:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make more problems than curing this way. You keep on asking for our advice on problems that we potentially have repaired on our cars and then ignore it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi no I do not ignore anyone but the search engine does not bring up what i am after i put in PCV and it came back with nothing found so please do not insult me by saying I am ignoring people when you have not asked the correct questions I am very thanks full for all of the help i have been given

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    You can make more problems than curing this way. You keep on asking for our advice on problems that we potentially have repaired on our cars and then ignore it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody is trying to insult you; that said, to us it seems that you are thrashing about like a politician who needs to be seen doing "something" about a problem, even if it is the wrong thing...

The fuel trims are important because the small leak in the resonator in the intake [the box thingy...] is after the mass airflow sensor in the air flow within the engine intake system; thus, the engine management system possibly cannot adjust adequately for this unmetered air being introduced into the the combustion process, resulting in your poorly running engine. The fuel trims will help tell us what is going on.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi got some fuel trims STFT B2 jumping between +5-+7 B1n-21 LTFT both at zero.
    Think i have more problems now as i am getting P0102 mass air flow sensor A circuit low, P0122 TP sensor circuit 1 low voltage and P0222 TP sensor 2 low voltage

It never rains
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I was a bit short but the only way to find it you have an air leak is to use the fuel trims and brake cleaner or propane. Even a small one will cause massive problems. The more parts that you move the greater the potential for you to cause more problems.

You have to sort this problem before you damage expensive parts such as the catylists. When you have an air leak the ecu tries to add enough fuel to compensate for this. The air leak effect is reduced when you open the throttle but the ecu takes time to react. This means that the exhaust gases are incorrect and react with the platinum in the catylists eventually destroying them.
    They can cost over 800 pounds each, yes you can get them on eBay for a lot less but there is no guarantee of the quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now we have something that we can work on the short term on bank 1 at - 21 is indicating that you had massive air leak as the cars ecu is now trying to reduce the amount of fuel being added to this bank.

The long term will also go into minus but this takes time but it must have been in this condition for some time because the long term will set a new zero for itself.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast