Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Game of Thrones" (final season)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'll be the first to comment on the final episode. Overall pretty good although everything seemed to get sorted out very quickly in the end. Danny had to go although I thought it might have been Ayra to the deed! Didn't see Bran ending up as king. Thought there might have been a twist at the end such as there were some more white walkers around beyond the wall!!!

Don't know what I'm going to do on Monday nights from now on!
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm wasn't really keen on the final episode, I thought it was a bit anti climatic myself.

I will miss it as it's been a great run

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really annoyed that now the contents of the last two (... or three, or four, or ...) books will likely be heavily influenced by whatever the TV show runners did in the last few series. GRRM is on a hiding to nothing: if he has a different route to the end (even if it is the same end) then he will be struggling with the mainstream who know "the story" through the TV show - even if he chooses to use "his route" rather then the (apparently rushed) TV route. ... and if he has the same route to the end, then he is going to take the brunt of all of the criticism levelled at the ending of the TV show (and readers will have been spoiled by the TV story).

I am hoping, however, that he can put that all aside and just write as if the show didn't exist, and give as a written ending that reflects the written beginning. Eventually.

(... then they can remake series 6, 7 & 8 as "new series" 6 - 12. Call it "the author's cut" maybe)
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose the last episode couldn't be a big massive battle finale, it had to complete the story,

We started 8 years ago with the Stark family being destroyed and the remaining children struggling for survival.

And we end with a Stark on the throne, a Stark ruling the North, a Stark (Snow) in charge of the Watch and a Stark setting sale to discover new lands under the Stark banner.

I'm happy with the ending but the last series was just to rushed. HBO authorised 10 extended episodes but the writers did 6. It should have been 10.

Lee
    XF Portfolio, Silver, Blind Spot, Front Sensors, Rear Camera. 1200W Bowers & Wilkins

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the first half of the episode was really good, but agree that the end felt a bit of an anti-climax.

On balance though the show has been fantastic and I think we are always going to want more of such a good thing
    Current Mistress:
    Black '04 STR - Ivory/Warm Charcoal hide, Bronze Madrona trim, Zeus alloys
    --------------------------------------------
    Previously:
    '06 S-TYPE 3.0 V6 in Jaguar Racing Green

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the ending it seamed just that the raspberry ripple became the King of 6 kingdoms and John went back to where he died
    Cant wait for the prequel
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    There's the prequel and I suppose they could do something about Arya in the west. I suppose it depends on what they show in the Epilogue
    XF Portfolio, Silver, Blind Spot, Front Sensors, Rear Camera. 1200W Bowers & Wilkins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12