Thread: Independent Servicing

Post Thanks / Like

Independent Servicing

HI Guys

I'm looking for an independent garage to take over my servicing in the Telford area - does anyone have any recommendations or ideas please?

Also, how can I get the digital service history updated for services from independents?

Barry

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an interim service and gearbox service on my XF at Northfield Garage on Monday this week, excellent service, dropped off at 9AM and collected at 1:30PM and not far of half the price of Listers Jag in Droitwich which in any case was only accepting work from key workers etc in the current climate.

http://www.jagsparesandrepairs.com/

Not exactly local to you but not that far if that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that BruceXF, and as you say, not local. However I finished up using EAC in Telford, who collected and returned my XE after a full service which was half the price of Hatfields in Shrewsbury, all digital records updated aswell.
    Similarly subsequent brake replacement work that they did was excellent and less than half of Hatfields price.. Highly recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    i've just booked my xf in for service with J.A.G in Bilston. Lancaster wanted £360 for a basic (oil & filter) service. I asked for their 3yrs+ fixed price service but I was told they have been told to stop offering it.

So off to an indie who offered a full service , using genuine Jag parts, for £196+vat. The list price of that at Lancaster is £550...

Interestingly last year I was discussing a service plan with Stratstones who suggested a reduced price service plan using 'pattern' parts. They didn't have an answer if that would affect the extended warranty.

My warranty runs out in sept so methinks the day of using the main dealer has come to an end.
    XF MY15.5 3.0d S Portfolio Stratus Grey with Ivory interior.