Thread: Dealer unable to resolve code for active suspension after replacing rear shocks

Post Thanks / Like

Dealer unable to resolve code for active suspension after replacing rear shocks

Hi everyone,
    I recently joined the Forum after buying a 2010 XKR Coupe. The car is beautiful and seemed to have no issues for the 4 months I have owned it. I bought to an indy shop after interviewing 5 different shops on their knowledge of the XKR. Finally found a nice shop where the guys seem to know the history of the car and the issues that will pop up from reading through this forum for months before buying the car. So, I took it to this shop for a transmission drain and new filter as well as a rear differential drain and fill. I asked the mechanics to go through the car so that we could come up with a plan for getting all maintenace done and any other repairs that may be coming in the future. Everything looked great except for a rear drivers side leaking shock. I told them to replace both rear shocks. Upon completion of this reapair the car then began to have a warning light on the dash about active stability control for the left shock. Then the mechanic put the old one back on and the message moved to the right side shock. Long story short the mechanic finally bought it to the dealership and now they have tried two new computer modules and cannot rectify the problem. the error will switch from left to right. They are currently trying to go upstream with Jagusr support, but have yet to rectify the issue. Any help on this problem is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 120K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Than you Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

As your post is not really "Forum News", you really would be better posting in the specific area for your car:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

5. Thanks Norm Dejong thanked for this post