Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satnav Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, although I can drive across fields when new roads have been built some years ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    If, and that is a big IF, the average car has a life of value of about 10 years. (Most cars are pretty worthless after 10 years). I wouldn't waste those 3 x updates too quickly. I've got new roads around me that aren't on Google Maps yet. I wonder how often the Jaguar Sat Nav software is actually updated ?
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5112405 View Post
    (Most cars are pretty worthless after 10 years).
    My 19 year old X100 would beg to differ.

... as will, shortly, my 9.5 year old X351.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

4. Likes jannjulie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The free updates are only available during the warranty period.

Post Thanks / Like
    i was very pleasantly surprised when i went online and downloaded the free map update for my 67 plate sportbrake last week, took a while but the newly opened Aberdeen western peripheral route and bypass which opened in February is live on the update so much better then any previous jaguar or other map updates i have used; recent experience of Skoda map updates and nissan 'updated' sd card software and maps were still well out of date. I had to buy a new USB 3 stick from amazon but once downloaded the actual loading to the car process only took about 10-15 minutes.

i went to https://www.jaguar.here.com/

and followed the instructions, apparently updated four times a year.
    Current, XF Sportbrake 240 AWD Portfolio.

Previous -55 plate x-type 2.2 d estate, 58 plate XF S Luxury, 62 plate Sportbrake S Portfolio, 04 plate X350 XJ8 4.2 SE,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    My 19 year old X100 would beg to differ.

... as will, shortly, my 9.5 year old X351.
    Some will obviously become carefully looked after classics I agree. Most wont though.
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmel View Post
    I bought my XF, 3 months old in June 2017. Since then it has been to a Jaguar dealer a few times for warranty issues. On each occasion I have asked if they can update the satnav but they tell me that no updates are available. On reading various things on the internet it suggests updates are available about every three months and the dealer says you can get three updates in the warranty period. I have also phoned Jaguar who directed me to a website, when I went to it, I'd already been there, it also said no updates. The card has a date of 1st October 2016, surely there must be an update in three years! The satnav is In Control Touch. Can anybody tell me how you get an update?
    I think you misheard your dealer; you get FREE updates (not THREE) during the warranty period, and thereafter if you renew the data services package. As said, the maps get updated about quarterly and then owners can download them. I've done it twice, takes me forever but that's my broadband. Once I've downloaded, it uploads into the car in about 10/15 minutes.

I do find the mapping, and the SatNav in general since having the ITCP general upgrade, with Apple CarPlay etc, very good. A lot better than my previous F10 5 series and a different league to COMAND in our MB.

9. Likes jannjulie liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12