Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Injector repair

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Injector repair

    Does anybody know what part of the injector needs to be replaced in order to get them to pass a leak off test.

    I thought it was the control valve but I replaced one before and re took the leak off test with the same results
    2007 Xtype 2 litre diesel

  2. #2
    Senior Member RageMonkey1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    1,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xtypeproblems View Post
    Does anybody know what part of the injector needs to be replaced in order to get them to pass a leak off test.

    I thought it was the control valve but I replaced one before and re took the leak off test with the same results
    That is normally the bit that needs replacing, so it could be anything.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xtypeproblems View Post
    Does anybody know what part of the injector needs to be replaced in order to get them to pass a leak off test.

    I thought it was the control valve but I replaced one before and re took the leak off test with the same results
    where do you get your parts from i ask as i have x2 old injectors i would like to have a go at
    2005 x type 2.0D estate sport in black

  4. #4
    Senior Member RageMonkey1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    1,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsb View Post
    where do you get your parts from i ask as i have x2 old injectors i would like to have a go at
    ive seen the control valves on ebay
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

  5. Thanks bugsb thanked for this post
  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMonkey1989 View Post
    ive seen the control valves on ebay
    Yes ebay and amazon uk, just be careful on ebay as the shipper could be from China or Japan and you'll be waiting a month or 2.

    If the shipper if from the UK it will only take a few days

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMonkey1989 View Post
    That is normally the bit that needs replacing, so it could be anything.
    calibration might just need to be redone , they are 12 year old injectors so the code might drift

    Could that be it if it's not the control valve,
    The car battery was completely dead for a week shortly after I first got the car (original battery too)
    Can that affect injector coding when the car has no power for so long

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xtypeproblems View Post
    Yes ebay and amazon uk, just be careful on ebay as the shipper could be from China or Japan and you'll be waiting a month or 2.

    If the shipper if from the UK it will only take a few days
    just had a look on the bay as I'm not in a rush i might do a bit of searching and go direct/ just had one old injector apart 3 times just so i know what is what
    2005 x type 2.0D estate sport in black

  9. #8
    Senior Member RageMonkey1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    1,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    once you've swapped the control valve, your calibration will be completely different, so having them recoded to the barcode on the injector wont necessarily get you the results you need.

    once the control valve, or needle or tip is related you are supposed to flow test them on a special bench and then get a new C2i for the injector the C2i is a 8 groups of 2 hexadecimal digits (16 total) each group of two goes from 0-255, and represents the exact flow-rate of the injector. Incorrect calibration would result in either too much or too little fuel, which is why you often get a rough idle as each cylinder is sending a different quantity of fuel.

    how this C2i is calculated i dont know, but the piece of equipment they use is probably pricey.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMonkey1989 View Post
    once you've swapped the control valve, your calibration will be completely different, so having them recoded to the barcode on the injector wont necessarily get you the results you need.

    once the control valve, or needle or tip is related you are supposed to flow test them on a special bench and then get a new C2i for the injector the C2i is a 8 groups of 2 hexadecimal digits (16 total) each group of two goes from 0-255, and represents the exact flow-rate of the injector. Incorrect calibration would result in either too much or too little fuel, which is why you often get a rough idle as each cylinder is sending a different quantity of fuel.

    how this C2i is calculated i dont know, but the piece of equipment they use is probably pricey.
    Thanks for the info that helps a lot!
    When I took out my injectors before everything looked really good and I used a degreaser and compressed air to clean them out.

    I think the code just drifted

    Getting that checked first on older cars might be everyone's best bet

    I know to get them recoded is around 120/15 0 euro. But to just get them checked I don't know , I'd be guessing between 40/60 euro in a diesel specialist place
    2007 Xtype 2 litre diesel

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •