Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo puzzle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have every confidence, thanks Victor. That made me chuckle.. Hopefully replacement turbos will arrive Wednesday!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Neil will need the first week back to recover then, he won't be in top form!

These youngsters just can't take the pace Vic.

We know from experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: We are still one correct turbo short of finishing the job. The third turbo to be fitted gave an error code, however auto electricians tested the circuits and they are good - a signal is being produced. So the actuator must be faulty again. Unfortunately the plate with the code on was badly corroded and quite illegible. This is the plate from the right side turbo which was replaced successfully. The left side code will be a 726422. Am I correct in thinking the matching turbo would be one ending in -BL. The last one we tried that failed ended in -BK. Maybe they are not interchangeable, or they have to be matched Eg. AL/BL BK/BL? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image3621758950913479180.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	30875

Post Thanks / Like
    The main turbo body is the same for both sides 4R8Q-6K682 ( exhaust side )
    The A and B prefixes i would think are for the left and right cold side blower casings.
    This is the only difference between the left and right side turbo's.

The key factor is the G number on the electronic actuator.
    Pre DPF is G-168 for the left / G-169 for the right side.
    They simply will not work if the incorrect actuator is fitted.

2009 , X358 LWB , 2.7 TtcrdiV6 , Liquid Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie thanks once again. Pre DPF is G-168 must be the actuator I need. On the unit that the guys have removed from the car which is going back tomorrow morning [on which the receipt states 726422 JAGUAR]: I have searched all over this with a torch to try to find a G-number. I looked also on Google Images for a hint, and still cannot find it. However, and this is really interesting..on the inner side of the flat plate where the bolts are is the code 722350-12??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NackJich View Post
    Eddie thanks once again. Pre DPF is G-168 must be the actuator I need. On the unit that the guys have removed from the car which is going back tomorrow morning [on which the receipt states 726422 JAGUAR]: I have searched all over this with a torch to try to find a G-number. I looked also on Google Images for a hint, and still cannot find it. However, and this is really interesting..on the inner side of the flat plate where the bolts are is the code 722350-12??
    The numbers on the plastic casing are meaningless as they are all the same, the software is the difference.

Depending on their destiny, they are programmed and lazer etched on the side with the software accordingly.

Obviously it will be hard to read in some cases when the body has corroded, example ID location on the picture below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-S-...gAAOSwKqlbl4Vc

Post Thanks / Like
    Those last numbers I mentioned are engraved in metal, but well concealed. The area where the code is in your image (thanks) is smooth and like new but with no code. I searched those numbers and Volvo and BMW came up. Think it's the wrong actuator entirely. Thanks so much. I can at least talk with some background knowledge in the Turbo Refurb shop tomorrow...cheers !!

Post Thanks / Like
    In other part numbers the two suffix letters have been revision or batch codes chaps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    In other part numbers the two suffix letters have been revision or batch codes chaps.

You're right Jim, those last letters are generally related to the build batch production code.

However, there is nothing else logical to differentiate between Right and Left / A and B side turbo's as they are referred to.

My old nearside turbo / ended in BK ( Bank B ) which is the straight outlet blower and not the elbow one.

The other two that I have in the garage are also ending in AL and BL respectively of outlet blower orientation.

The bank B turbo is also the most common to fail for reasons unknown, maybe it suffers thermally more than side A ?

Either way, hopefully our friend in Batley gets sorted soon and is back on the road again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Stuart Redhead is on the case, have faith, Stuart KNOWS Jaguars. I'll be down there on Wednesday, if you haven't got it back I'll shake them up a bit.
    A bit short staffed this week, Neil Smith (the other partner) is on holiday, he's celebrating his ** (old ) birthday in Ibiza. I've children as old as he is and he's gone to a young people resort ............. he won't be able to stand the pace and he'll get locked up.

You allowed him to go to that island where there is nothing but larger and strange drinks with umbrellas. He has lost a lot respect here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast