Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which BTUM???

Post Thanks / Like
    Iíve just tried using it with the phone in the boot and the clarity was crystal clear... Iím going to need to run the antenna into the passenger compartment of the car for sure. Any ideas of a good entry point? 😕
    2003 Super V8 X350, number 35 off the line

Post Thanks / Like
    To get into the cabin, it is most likely going to be a rear seats out job and then into the cabin up the nearside where the antenna is - - take a look at my ownership thread and you will see what that area looks like, when I installed a DAB antenna on the rear window.

Before you go ripping anything to bits though - humour me here - do you have a dashcam in the car by any chance?
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    I donít, tbh I donít really care for them (unless I was going to make a driving video I suppose lol)

Iíve always been the same, watches lose their alarms, phones go quiet too, I guess Iíve got a high level of static or natural EM field like an aura 🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, my thinking was that there may be something in the car itself interfering with the bluetooth antenna - something with a cigarette lighter style power supply. Fair enough. Looks like you need to get the seats out then, after which I would suggest heading for the left rear pillar as there is some room in there to accommodate the antenna. Take a look at Rich's (Ashanti) ownership thread and the sticky thread to see how to take the seats out.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I love this car she seems to be quite resistant to modernizing. Oh well, the things we do for the things we love

Post Thanks / Like
    My antenna is affixed to the stacking module - and its just an ebay £4.50 job. There's never been any problems with comms into the car, mind.

There are cable transits into the car behind the rear seat back

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my btum attached to the boot lining tucked up against the rear seat back. Signal is great.

As 2woody has pointed out, there are cable runs into the cabin, running down the nearside of the rear seat and door treads. Pop the rear seat cushion off and you'd have clear access.

However, reception should work well with the antenna in the boot. Just look at repositioning it.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, 'JagDroid' Android, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess itís just me, Iíve tried putting it in different areas in the trunk and at best the signal I get is Ďcracklyí, like an old radio not quite tuned into the station. At worst the screen simply says ďDiscover MeĒ, I think Iím king to have to run it into the cabin... Iíve got a plan to add Bluetooth streaming to it that requires taking out the center consul to wire in, Iíll probably position it there with alongside

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V8driver View Post
    I guess it’s just me, I’ve tried putting it in different areas in the trunk and at best the signal I get is ‘crackly’, like an old radio not quite tuned into the station. At worst the screen simply says “Discover Me”, I think I’m king to have to run it into the cabin... I’ve got a plan to add Bluetooth streaming to it that requires taking out the center consul to wire in, I’ll probably position it there with alongside
    did you just fit the BTUM or did you replace the phone module in the boot? If you replaced the boot module, do you also have a proper Bluetooth antenna fitted?
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 79K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, 'JagDroid' Android, front/rear cameras, Nextbase Duo Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced the module in the trunk, I fitted a proper FAKRA antenna to it as well, itíll be fine once I run it in the cabin 👍

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast