Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Phone Holder do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Villanova27 View Post
    In my BM, I have a Bury S9 cradle system permanently installed. This allows me to charge my phone without the need for cables snaking across the car's cabin. It is a company car and this is a preferred method for my employer.
    However, in the XK, I'm paying so the cup holder or the door pocket does just fine.

When you say permanently, do you mean you had it afixed with screws?

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	467AD8B6-B61B-415D-83DE-F1B376534562.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	30945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6A5FF7D-94D8-4E8C-886B-65D6CE51042E.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	30946

So, I had a steelie ball holder lying around that I got for Xmas a few years ago that never got used. I tried a few different placements and put it on the plastic bezel. Normally, I would be against this but everywhere else I tried either looked really odd or was at an angle. I can always move it but for now I found my spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently installed Brodit Proclip not cheap but absolutely first class...best I have used. As mentioned previously choose the right fit for your car, and away you go, can be fitted in 5 minutes!!
    Audi A6 2.0d Ultra SLine Black Edition

Previous

MY2013 XJ 3.0d Portfolio in Metallic Caviar, 20 inch Kasugas, remapped to +300bhp
    1993 XJR 4.0 Supercharged

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hard work never killed anyone....but why take the risk

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Why does the phone need to be accessible when driving? Surely its an extra, annoying distraction?

Or have I missed the point (again!)
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the olden days, when I had a 2010, I used Google Maps on the phone as it had traffic which made it considerably better than the built-in SatNav. A phone holder that put the phone at eye level would have been quite useful.

A phone holder that puts the phone in the cupholder seems completely useless to me, as looking down there frequently is most definitely a distraction.

(Note: The SatNav on the Autobiography is as good as Google Maps, so I no longer use the phone)
    Chris. T.

The Autobiography has landed.

Previous: 2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe (Sold)
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs. (Written Off. A week after I sold ^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheap as chips but works:
    This Jag is a 56 plate X-type 2.0d Sport manual with parking sensors, 18 Aruba wheels, midnight pearl metallic paint, warm charcoal leather seats, grey interior, piano black dash and a Bury CC9060 ​Music Bluetooth unit.
    My other Jag is a ZX-7R

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    In the olden days, when I had a 2010, I used Google Maps on the phone as it had traffic which made it considerably better than the built-in SatNav. A phone holder that put the phone at eye level would have been quite useful.

A phone holder that puts the phone in the cupholder seems completely useless to me, as looking down there frequently is most definitely a distraction.

(Note: The SatNav on the Autobiography is as good as Google Maps, so I no longer use the phone)
    Your 2010 had a Gen2.1 HDD system, which had TMC based traffic, which when set up right, reroutes around bigger delays and doesn't bother you with minor ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be trivial to design and 3d print something that would clip on one of the central airvents, but you'd probably need to design in a small support to go against a solid part of the dash. I'd also print in ABS, as PLA might soften sufficiently to deform in the winter with hot, mostly blocked air on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Your 2010 had a Gen2.1 HDD system, which had TMC based traffic, which when set up right, reroutes around bigger delays and doesn't bother you with minor ones.
    I know - my drive to work in the morning (15 miles, 45 minutes) never had a snarl big enough for TMC, but perpetually had local jams that Google spotted but TMC didn't. The touch pro <whatever> in the 2017 routes me around local stuff as well as Google.
    Chris. T.

The Autobiography has landed.

Previous: 2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe (Sold)
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs. (Written Off. A week after I sold ^)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast