Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: UK South East Ninth Annual Convoy & Meet Event 24th May 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Guys, as of this moment in time we have Jaguars spanning from 1966 to 2020 registered with us for our 2020 event!

That's 54 years of production (as one of our registrant cars is not being delivered to its owner until January 2020) and we have everything from my 'just holding together' S-Type through to an original S-Type, Project 7 & 8 and even an XJ220!

So why not register your Jaguar and join us at our next event?

Every Jaguar is welcome and from all walks of life - and we have the biggest ever event for you *and* if you register before the end of November (just two and a half weeks to go) you even get entered into our annual Christmas competition..

All the info is at our website at www.jaguarforumsuk.com and you can see who and what is already registered there too *and* you can even see them in our 2020 Gallery there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jaguar S-Type 2.7TD SE 2007
    102,000 miles - Purchased April 2017
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998
    75,000 miles - Purchased April 2015, sold February 2017
    Jaguar X-Type 2.5 Classic (manual 5sp. all wheel drive) 2002

Jaguar XJ8 Sport 3.2 1998

(www.jaguarforumsUK.com -The Great British Day Out for Jaguar Owners)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really happy to be able to announce that our annual Christmas competition is back

We have THREE prizes on offer this year, to give three people a fantastic Jaguar Christmas with guaranteed delivery of their prizes in time for the big day.

If you register for our next event before the end of November 2019 you will be automatically entered into this years competition for a Christmas hamper of car care goodies from Robornes, and two 2 bucket wash systems from Scratchshield.

All the entry details, pics, and more can be found under the 'Competition' tab at our event website at www.jaguarforumsuk.com.

The competition closes at the end of November, and winners will be announced in the first week of December, to ensure everything arrives in time for Christmas.

Lastly just a few t&c's - The organisers decision (that's me) is final, & there is no cash alternative to these prizes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Guys,
    One other item of news for you (and yep this is before our Friday Stats day ) is that one of our incredible sponsors - Scratchshield are offering event attendees a fantastic 20% discount on their entire product range!
    I have used this system for years now, and swear by it as it forces me to split the wash and rinse, allows me to have buckets specifically for car washing, are just large enough to wash both the S-Type and C1, can be used as seats, *and* they filter the water really cutting back on the scratches I used to get - I genuinely recommend them based on experience! Just visit them at www.scratchshield.co.uk and use the discount code JAGXMAS19 at checkout. Please note that this offer is valid until 31st December 2019.
    Happy Christmas everyone
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

It is that time of the week already, and our annual event has had another busy week here.

Our discounted accomodation deal for attendees travelling some distance has been proving popular, and as a result we have had to request additional rooms to be made available for us.

We have received more signups, which is fantastic - including a Project 7 & a Project 8 now signed up for our next event.

We have also officially launched our Christmas competition where you could win one of two wash systems from Scratchshield, or a car care hamper from Robornes.

On top of all this we also now have a great Christmas discount for you from Scratchshield giving you an incredible 20% off their entire product range.. to take advantage of this great offer (exclusive to JaguarForumsUK attendees) just go to their website at www.scratchshield.co.uk and use the code JAGXMAS19.

Our event patron Frank Woodford MBE has asked if our attendees can help him out regarding rear passenger mats for Jaguars. If anyone is happy to supply Frank with paper or card templates of their rear passenger mats, please contact him directly as this will help him to increase the range of Jaguars he can supply his luxury sheepskin mats for.

And, finally we are currently in discussions with two additional potential sponsors

It's been a busy week

Here are the stats for this week for everyone:

Our Facebook page has 4,954 friends
    Our Facebook group is growing, and now has 732 members
    Our Instagram feed has grown to 530 followers
    Our Twitter feed is steady at 617 followers
    We have 44 Jaguars and 82 attendees registered for our next event
    We have 2 club allocated areas so far
    We have 18 official sponsors and are in talks with two more potential sponsors
    We have 8 Trade stands booked so far
    We have 3 Club/Forum stands booked with us so far
    We have 5 awards, you can win on the day, confirmed

Don't forget if you register for our event before the end of November you will be in with a chance at one of three great prizes being delivered to your home in time for Christmas, and if you want to treat your Jaguar this Christmas you can use the discount code from Scratchshield right through to the end of December this year.
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention two other stats for this week (sorry ) :

Our forums threads have amassed over 13,000 hits so far - absolutely incredible

Our event website has been busy, accessed by Jaguar owners from around the world. Here are the top three countries this week in order of number of visitors:

UK
    Germany
    USA

That's it - the last of this weeks stats for you
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys,

I am not around on Monday as I am (hopefully) getting my S-Type downpipe welded up by my local mechanic which will solve my fumes in the cabin issue, and get the turbos back up and running

Soooo I am releasing Mondays quiz questions a few days early here for you.. Peter Simpson has done a great job with this weeks Trivia Quiz.. I hope you enjoy it..

1. Jaguar jumped from the Mark V to the Mark VII because a Mark VI had already been produced by?
    a. Rolls Royce b Bentley c. Aston Martin

2. When was the first official Leaper offered as an option on a Jaguar Car?
    a. 1936 b 1937 c. 1938

3. The XJ13 held the unofficial closed lap record at Mira for 32 years. Who was the driver?
    a. Norman Dewis b. David Hobbs c. Derek Bell
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Guys,

here are the answers for you - noting if you got two or more right you are doing really well and have great Jaguar knowledge

1. Jaguar jumped from the Mark V to the Mark VII because a Mark VI had already been produced by?
    b Bentley

2. When was the first official Leaper offered as an option on a Jaguar Car?
    c. 1938

3. The XJ13 held the unofficial closed lap record at Mira for 32 years. Who was the driver?
    b. David Hobbs
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910